For Sale What do you think of this car? Value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what happened to the $12k winning bid from last November?
Don't tell me. I already know..

From the ad

This Imperial is being re-listed due to a non-paying ebayer, please only bid if you have financing in order.

So this car has made the rounds. I am guessing it is not worth $12K. But $12K Canadian is only about $9 US.

IMG_3842_zpskl9bqyxo.jpg

Having owned very-low-mileage old cars, I see things hat don't fit for 8,280 original miles. At that mileage there should be essentially no unusual imperfections other than dent(s) or maybe a little rust if it wasn't stored properly. These are just a few things:

There appears to be a little wear on the front seat leather here:
upload_2017-2-15_5-36-30.png

How did the rear seat get a strange imperfection where no one usually sits:
upload_2017-2-15_5-38-42.png

How did the steering wheel get scratched?
upload_2017-2-15_5-39-53.png

The radiator should not have any wear at 8,000 miles:
upload_2017-2-15_5-41-51.png

The interior should look like this, especially the rear seat:
Page08-09Big.jpg

upload_2017-2-15_5-41-10.png

Not sure I fully agree. I've owned well loved and cared for cars and things happen over 40 years . No matter how hard you try, but we do the best we can.

Scratches, dings and a tears can be easily explained.

The worn paint, wood grain dash panel or vinyl that has lost its grain I sure..... I would look at this car as she's innocent till proven guilty

Finishes on different areas of an auto do not always reveal the mileage. No car maker intended or could foresee their cars being around after 40+ years.

I had a 13,000 66 mustang that sat for 40 years. Unexplainable wear on the lower driver door panel from the owner clearly kicking it open. Carpet faded beyond believe. Rear seat never sat it. Belts still wrapped. Weird things happen even on low mileage cars

This is a very nice car, the mileage is correct-whomever is whining about whatever is misinformed. Please do not start any discord about my post count as it has nothing to do with this wonderful car.
The car is indeed a special order car as it has 900100 Sales Order number on the fender tag and for $10,000 or less this car is a great buy. Get in and drive!

This is a very nice car, the mileage is correct-whomever is whining about whatever is misinformed. Please do not start any discord about my post count as it has nothing to do with this wonderful car.
The car is indeed a special order car as it has 900100 Sales Order number on the fender tag and for $10,000 or less this car is a great buy. Get in and drive!

Are you the owner of this car? I can't tell from your profile. It is a very nice looking example. Please share more information if you can.

Are you the owner of this car? I can't tell from your profile. It is a very nice looking example. Please share more information if you can.
No I am not the owner - Can't you tell from the pictures how nice this car is??
This is a nice car. Period. I see nitpicking at it rather than looking at the overall condition of the vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back