What does a base 66 Chrysler look like? Part 3

Verse

Reaction score
This is post number 3 about the base Chrysler. To continue....

Included is the illuminated ignition switch. It comes on with the parking lights.

IMG_0548.jpg

C pillar mounted interior lights. There are no other lights inside; nothing under the dash or ceiling. It is pretty dark in there.

IMG_0522.jpg

There is the double ashtray with coin holders, but only the driver's side ashtray is illuminated. The passenger side light is blanked off.

IMG_0514.jpg

There is no glove box light.

IMG_0518.jpg

And there is no map light. Just a blank plate.

IMG_0544.jpg

That's a great looking Newport. I love the dog dishes. Are you looking to have these options installed? Many of those options came standard on a Chrysler. If you can find the 66 Chrysler Dealership data book it will tell you.

Most often these cars were optioned with the light group and basic group. I am keeping this one as originally ordered, because it is rare and unusual.

No, it's not! That's what the ashtray is for. I take you've never smoked?

Calm down, bronco. It looks like there is a dedicated coin holder per @300rag 's photo. Maybe it's to the right of the ashtray? However, the OP's photo just showed an ashtray and I though he was referring to the snuffer. Perhaps an overall shot of the entire unit would clear things up....

I'm an Old Gold man....

Back