What does this part do??

SteveinKY

Reaction score
Hello all (dumb question follows!!),
I have a 1970 Plymouth Fury III, former WSP car. Protruding out of the far left A/C-Heat Vent is a small chrome knob on a stem...what does this thing do???
Thank you in advance,
Steve

That small chrome knob opens or closes the vent door for that particular vent. Push or pull it to open or close a small rubber flap that controls the air flow for that vent

I think the other 2 vents have a chrome roller wheel that does the same thing.

I'm going to install AC in my car some day. I have the vents tucked away in my garage. I have to take a look at them later

The far right vent has the chrome roller wheel you mentioned, the two center vents do not appear to have a cut-off mechanism (only left/right/up/down). Thanks again for your response and take care!

PHOTO'S???!!!
This Fury had definitely made the rounds. It was listed on the For Sale page on June 4, 2016, with a total of 8 pages of discussion. There are loads of pictures on those 8 pages ( better pics than I've taken). It's not a "show car", but one I enjoy driving semi-regularly!

Thanks, I'll check them out, I'd still like to see some photo's of where your at with this project. I need to post some updates myself, (72 WSP Polara) I'll try to do that today.

Thanks, I'll check them out, I'd still like to see some photo's of where your at with this project. I need to post some updates myself, (72 WSP Polara) I'll try to do that today.
I'm lucky in that the cars previous owners had put a lot of time and money in making it roadworthy. It still needs a few things done, but nothing major. I opted (and was lucky enough) to purchase a vehicle that I could enjoy almost immediately. I'd seen too many projects that were never completed due to time, money, or the person losing interest in the car. I applaud those who stick with their passion and see a restoration through !! Would you happen to have pics of what the police radio setup was like in your Polara??

Sorry, all that was removed and I don't have the money to replace it. The car did come with a siren in the trunk, I tested it and it works. I think it's supposed to be mounted on the left frame rail in front of the radiator. Some photo's soon.

I've got a pic of the radio setup somewhere, can't find it at the moment. I should have bought your 70 Fury. Couldn't come up with the cash. And now of course I have the cash and it isn't for sale.

1WawspHerg1 (10).jpg

1WawspHerg1 (51).jpg

I've got a pic of the radio setup somewhere, can't find it at the moment. I should have bought your 70 Fury. Couldn't come up with the cash. And now of course I have the cash and it isn't for sale.
I'll admit I was lucky to get it!

I've got a 69 Fury, 70 Fury and 72 Polara all WSP.
Dang, you have a fleet!! I'm trying to find a non-remote passenger side mirror for my Fury III, would you let me know if you ever locate one? Do you have pics if your cars?

Hi guys,
I have been following your' threads for some time, and have a related problem I can't seem to solve no matter who I ask.
I have been trying through parts houses and internet sites to locate new (replacement) isolators for between the K frame and the stub frame on my C body 1967 Imperial LeBaron.
No one seems to make them, no one seems to sell them, no one knows any thing about them.
My front end guy here in Australia refuses to start on the full overhaul until I supply these and the camber bolts.
How do you guys keep your cars roadworthy without these parts being available?
Any help would be seriously appreciated.
Best Regards,
Keith, in Australia.

Back