What is this part?

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I know what it is. I believe it is a vacuum device that control the air flow from the defrost to your feet, am I correct? It lost its 3 mounting screws and was dangling below my dash.
Vacuum device.sm.jpg

Vacuum device.sm.jpg

Vacuum device.sm.jpg

Last edited:
Vacuum actuator. Probably open and closes a blend door. That needs to be mounted properly.

The bad news is you're likely going to have to remove 3/4ths of the dash to reinstall it.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

The bad news is you're likely going to have to remove 3/4ths of the dash to reinstall it.

It will actually be easy, I could see where the screws go and I think I can even do it with a regular size screwdriver. Right now it is really easy because the rest of the interior is out.

The ones you baked with some of your homegrown weed ?

You're thinking Brownies, not cookies.

brownies, cookies, butter, it's all the same.

We had Evil Kneivel do a tv commercial for us shortly before he died & he sucked on morphine lollipops......

Evil Knievel ulltimately reduced to doing roofing ads? Now that's freekin sad right there.

Evil Knievel ulltimately reduced to doing roofing ads? Now that's freekin sad right there.

Yep, couldn't agree more. At least we had the decency to stop running them when he died....

Before reattaching the vacuum thing, make sure the door moves freely. Had a similar situation with my Dart, the door was sticking sometimes, and when activated the vacuum actuator snapped the plastic bracket it was mounted to!

Back