What is your daily driver?

65Coronet7165

Reaction score
Are you a Mopar or No Car type or are other makes used as your daily drivers?
I have oral cancer and so I sold my daily driver last month (my 67 300 'vert is still for sale) and my brother been driving me around. I just bought it last August..it was a 22 Toyota GR86. I bought it because Car and Driver mag raved about it for 3 months in a row.
I put 5000 miles on it. It was a fun car but in retrospect really too small. It's a coupe with a useless rear seat you can fold down for more luggage room. It was hard to get in and out of and there's NO storage space inside except a small console and a fair sized glove box.
The Toyota GR 86 is a collaboration between Toyota and Subaru. It uses a Subaru 2.4 liter boxer engine for lower center of gravity and is rear wheel drive. I had to wait a month for it to be shipped from Japan to the US (the midst of the new car and chip shortage).

Are you a Mopar or No Car type or are other makes used as your daily drivers?
I have oral cancer and so I sold my daily driver last month (my 67 300 'vert is still for sale) and my brother been driving me around. I just bought it last August..it was a 22 Toyota GR86. I bought it because Car and Driver mag raved about it for 3 months in a row.
I put 5000 miles on it. It was a fun car but in retrospect really too small. It's a coupe with a useless rear seat you can fold down for more luggage room. It was hard to get in and out of and there's NO storage space inside except a small console and a fair sized glove box.
The Toyota GR 86 is a collaboration between Toyota and Subaru. It uses a Subaru 2.4 liter boxer engine for lower center of gravity and is rear wheel drive. I had to wait a month for it to be shipped from Japan to the US (the midst of the new car and chip shortage).

Anyway, I've had lots of interesting daily drivers during the l8 years I've had the 300. Most havE been Hondas

A 2011 Dodge Challenger and a 2021 Jeep Renegade. I bought both of them new. A few years ago, I had a 58 Plymouth 2 dr hardtop that I used for about 2 years and before that a 57 Plymouth 4 dr hardtop that I used for about 10 years. The car in my avatar was my daily driver from 1964 to 1972 and I still drive it to car meets and nice days in warm weather.

Mopar or No Car! but that being said my daily is a 1999 F250 Super Duty 7.3L Diesel
Never liked the looks of the 94+ dodge trucks, and you can't beet the 7.3

Alan

My daily driver is a 2022 Dodge Challenger the car had 4 miles on the odometer when I purchased it . It is my 1st brand new car. 2023 is the last year of the challenger but I let those who own 1 is keep a close eye because the 1s who do not want to work for their own are stealing one else. 1 of these days a car thief will do this to the wrong person and get a bullet in their hind end .When that happens I will have no sympathy for the thief . The owner worked very hard to get 1 of these .

2022 Challenger.jpeg

I picked up this '09 Charger last summer from Indiana. 5.7L Police Package. It's the first Mopar I've had since my 1964 New Yorker.
09Chrg-1.jpg

Nice truck Mr one two. Sure Rams are Mopars. They used to be Dodges after all. I am impressed with the newer "Ram" trucks. Well it seems most of you are still Mopar faithful. Over all now days trucks are getting more and more popular.
I'm basically a sporty car person however. Trucks have their place for sure but for me if you need it for work. The economy of scale needs to be considered, as well as economy of fuel.

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited with 81k on the clock. I live 2 miles from work so the mileage stays low. The most miles comes from driving up to the mountains b/c it's really a ski rig.

My daily driver is a 2000 F350 XLT crew cab 4x4 with a 7.3 turbo diesel.

Parts car/grocery getter, a 2015 Ford Fiesta stripper.
Next is a 1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited and my fiancé’s 2021 Ford Bronco

Fun drivers are a 69 Plymouth Fury III convertible, 2006 Chrysler Crossfire, 2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor.

Additional work truck is a 2001 F250 XL crew cab 2wd with a triton gas engine.

In the queue are a 65 Ranchero, 69 Plymouth Fury II Sedan, my 65 Mustang, a 66 Corvair Convertible and a 2003 F250 XLT crew cab with a 7.3 turbo diesel.

My ‘daily driver’ is a 2015 F-150. I reluctantly bought the small 2.7 liter 6 cylinder engine, but I have been quite impressed. I don’t tow much with it so I didn’t need a lot of power, but man that twin turbo on that little engine is a blast. Working from home now I really only drive it a couple days a week.

We also have a Tesla model Y and a Chevy Bolt EUV (us tree hugg’n hippies out here in Cali :) ). Like the little engine in my truck, I never thought I would enjoy or appreciate an electric car, but I am a convert as a daily driver. We used to drive the truck everywhere as our family car, but the Tesla has that honor now. I am a big dude at 6’7” and just under 3 bills and I fit just fine in the Tesla (lots of leg room with no engine up front). Between charging at home and having a 35 gallon tank in the truck I barely drive, I only go to the gas station about once every other month.

22 Toyota GR86.
My brother bought one.Said it hurts his back and has a hard time getting in and out of it.Not a car for a 75 year old in his case.
For me a 88 D350 Dodge Ram ( once you own a truck you gotta always have one) and a 07 PT Cruiser.
Yeah, I'm a Moparite ! No "C's" as of now just a 63 Belvedere driver for fun.

Last edited:
Thanks dudes. I really like seeing those "last call" Challengers. Wonder what's to come next?? Seems all of us are diehard car and truck enthusiasts though. To bad the newer stuff ain't as pretty as our old Mopars!

Back