What lights?

carguy300

Reaction score
I have a question about front fenders on 68 300. I have seen some with a big side marker lights in the fender and the small ones in the bumper, mine only has the ones in the bumper, as does others ive seen. What is the difference? Does anyone know?

I have a question about front fenders on 68 300. I have seen some with a big side marker lights in the fender and the small ones in the bumper, mine only has the ones in the bumper, as does others ive seen. What is the difference? Does anyone know?

I think the big ones were cornering lamps which were optional on some models.

Dave

The fender lights you ask about are cornering lights, they illuminate with the turn signal. So, the right fender cornering light will illuminate with the right turn signal. Left with the left turn signal. The side marker lights in the bumper were standard equipment.

I wasnt sure. I have seen them with both. My fender tag shows fender mount turn signals, im thinking they are talking about the ones on top of fenders.

I wasnt sure. I have seen them with both. My fender tag shows fender mount turn signals, im thinking they are talking about the ones on top of fenders.

That is correct. The cornering lamps light with the turn signals but do not blink

Dave

I was trying to figure out if my fenders were changed at one time for some reason, but there is no wiring changes that i can tell.

Just a little more FYI, those cornering lights were wired through the headlight switch so only light when the headlights are on.

What I wonder is -- were the fenders with and without the cornering lights stamped from different dies? Or did they just cut a hole in the fender to install them?

I dont know that, but they come on with the park lights and dont blink either. The turn indicators on top of fenders blink with signal only.

Just a little more FYI, those cornering lights were wired through the headlight switch so only light when the headlights are on.

What I wonder is -- were the fenders with and without the cornering lights stamped from different dies? Or did they just cut a hole in the fender to install them?
I believe that they had their own die. I have a fender made for cornering lights and has and impression around where the light goes.

"Cornering lights" are just that. They came on with the turn signals to light the way, where you're turning into. Only on when the turn signals flash.

The "Fender mounted turn signals" would be the amber lights (in a chrome bezel) near the front of the fender, on the top of the fender. They will flash with the turn signals.

CBODY67

Back