As the title states....

And is this an original piece?

20210412_185136.jpg

20210412_185227.jpg

20210412_185229.jpg

20210412_185307.jpg

20210412_185312.jpg

20210412_185324.jpg

I'm guessing here but I think the numbers cast into the bottom are probably the casting number and not the part number. I can only see a small portion of the cap but that looks like it may be a master cylinder for a power front disc car. What is it installed in? Year, Make Model.

I would assume the pwer disc brake master cylinders with the square end looking towards the front of the car are non-original while the originals have the round end pointing toward the front of the car. But I might be wrong here, and/or it's the other way 'round.

However, if the master cylinder is original to the car, it should still have the rubber seal with a pentastar and spearate mopar part number cast into it whereas the aftermarket units had nothing cast into the rubber (at least no pentastar).

Definitely older aftermarket. Casting # should be 3461187 for your car. 3461176 is the complete MC # but it won't be easy finding NOS.

Well I know that buying a 187 is a very difficult mc to find. That's what goes on my cuda and they are very pricey.
This is for the newport custom I purchased.
Trying to figure out if I should rebuild the one in it or replace it with another aftermarket.
If this is an aftermarket piece I do not need to rebuild it and I can just replace it.
Front disk rear drum. I couldn't find any other numbers on the bottom.

disc brake MC 1.jpg

Immediate dead giveaway it's aftermarket is the machined divot on the nose, OEM should be smooth like this-
3461187 mc.jpg

Last edited:
Also: Square end of reservoir pointing to firewall + round end of reservoir pointing to front = original (for 71-75 C-Bodies).

So the one currently installed in the Newport is most likely not original to the car.

Thank yal so much. Now I can order the parts today.

I guess I will post pictures of the booster to make sure it is original before I send it out for a rebuild.

Josh / Cuda Hunter,
That is a N.O.S. U.S.A. made Master Cylinder, but not O.E.M. Mopar, as others have also pointed out...
So, good, but NOT Perfection, unfortunately....
... Yours, Craig....

Back