what power steering hose do i need

jct

Reaction score
hoping this year i can finally replace my power steering setup with a 440 source set up going on a '68 383 with a/c just want to know what pressure hose to use since they don't have any listed on their site

i have the trw ps pump with the "floating bracket" just getting tired of the squealing sounds when i my engine rpms are at highway speeds then gets worse so i have to go slower and slower so it doesn't squeal...

440 source used to supply brackets for both Federal and Saginaw pumps, If you are also buying a replacement pump, you will need hoses for which ever pump you decide to purchase. Usually the reason the floating bracket system fails to stay properly tensioned is because the rubber bushing at the back of the mount has failed and the pump then runs out of line. Most of the time this problem can be fixed by installing a new bushing. You will have to ask 440 source if the make a bracket for the TRW pump.

Dave

Why don't you just take your old one to your local hydro shop and have them twist you up a new one? Good Luck

Check rockauto?
Sometimes belt dressing will help give the belt the traction it needs not to slip. Not the permanent repair but until you get it fixed it'll keep from driving you nuts.

I bought a NEW POWER STEERING HOSE and it came with one o-ring and said that it must be used or fitting will leak. It didn't tell me which end of the hose gets the o-ring.The old one does not have a o-ring on it. Also it came with a plastic cap that I have no idea where it goes. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Back