What Source are Purists Using for the Correct Lug Nuts for the Road Wheels?

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
When I restored my Cuda about 35 year ago now, I used some lug nuts for its rallye whells that I thought back then were correct and they look very much like the ones that Classic Industries sells, but the prices are now ridiculous. It seems that my Cuda ones look like this one from Classic Industries, but I can't tell what socket or hex size the nut is and it seems the length is about 1/4 inch too short. My original hex size on the Cuda is 3/4 inch and it is overall 1 1/4 inches long. Classic Industries doesn't say what the hex size is on their offering, so I am wondering about that. At $25 each, the price is ridiculous - and the price that I see in their most recent catalog that I received about a week ago now still shows them for half that price, still a rip it seems to me. I called them but they said their warehouse is not working this week for some reason and so they can't confirm what their MN1762 hex size is for another week. And they confirmed that the current price of $25 for each one is correct, not for a set of 5 or 10 or whatever.

Dodge All Models Parts | MN1762 | Classic Industries

I think you know that Classic doesn't make anything they sell, and from my one experience, they drop ship from their source. So, "the warehouse is closed" is probably a bogus excuse.

I did a search on the A12 forum, where the guys are all about correct shade of green for their anti-freeze. They seem to be pointing at BE&A as the guys that had them reproduced.

The Lift Off Hood Playground - Lug Nuts question...cheap source?
The Lift Off Hood Playground - lug nuts and valve stems

At $25 each, you could get a machine shop to make up a nice set from stainless and probably have $15 left over. The "dimple" from the cutoff process might not be there as I don't know if there's a lot of shops with screw machines still around.

Wait, you have a Cuda too, Steve?? :wideyed:

C'mon Mario, you have seen it thousands of times, I am sure.................................

Here is a refresher. I drive this car more than most, so the interior is pretty dirty though. I hope it doesn't shatter my image......................:p

Cuda #2 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg

Cuda #3 (1).jpg

Cuda #4 (1).jpg

Cuda #5 (1) (1) (1).jpg

I think you know that Classic doesn't make anything they sell, and from my one experience, they drop ship from their source. So, "the warehouse is closed" is probably a bogus excuse.

I did a search on the A12 forum, where the guys are all about correct shade of green for their anti-freeze. They seem to be pointing at BE&A as the guys that had them reproduced.

The Lift Off Hood Playground - Lug Nuts question...cheap source?
The Lift Off Hood Playground - lug nuts and valve stems

At $25 each, you could get a machine shop to make up a nice set from stainless and probably have $15 left over. The "dimple" from the cutoff process might not be there as I don't know if there's a lot of shops with screw machines still around.

That link is very helpful John, thank you. I will follow through on those potential sources. I have a car that I just sold to Austria and the fellow wanted a set of used road wheels on it instead of the original hubcaps, so I obliged him. But I was not able to find the correct lug nuts anywhere for it at any reasonable price and Classic Industries couldn't tell me much about theirs and their price was ridiculous. After looking through 40 pages of Dorman lugnuts, I succumbed to making this inquiry post. Very nice guy who flew over to the U.S. to inspect and drive it before he bought it. I let him drive it for about 45 minutes and he loved it. The a/c even works great!

2019-11-27 00.37.49 - Copy.jpg

2019-11-27 00.38.44 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Mike (B/E & A) is winding down his business, so if he still has some, I'd grab'em.

John's input took care of the issue. BEA Parts was out of stock, but he obtains them from PG Classic. The latter has them in stock. I bought 10 sets that will service 5 cars and they currently have a sale going on for 20% less than their advertised price. They have 40 sets left now. Thanks again John for the lead!

244-RHSET Mopar R/H Thread Lug Nuts (Set of 10)

Last edited:
John's input took care of the issue. BEA Parts was out of stock, but he obtains them from PG Classic. The latter has them in stock. I bought 10 sets that will service 5 cars and they currently have a sale going on for even less than their advertised price. They have 40 sets left now. Thanks again John for the lead!

I see their LH thread ones are double the price.

John's input took care of the issue. BEA Parts was out of stock, but he obtains them from PG Classic. The latter has them in stock. I bought 10 sets that will service 5 cars and they currently have a sale going on for even less than their advertised price. They have 40 sets left now. Thanks again John for the lead!

$38 a set of 10 is way more reasonable then $25 each...

View attachment 326391

View attachment 326392
I use el cheapo chrome lug nuts from my work. Still looks good. About 2 bux a piece.

That's pretty much what I did for my '70 Monaco with the W23s on it. Bought it used in about '75, with the chrome peeling on some of the factory lug nuts (impact wrench breaks, I suspect). So I went to a local tire shop and found some close-match chrome lug nuts. BUT they only had rh thread nuts, typically. Good to find a good source on them now.

Thanks,,
CBODY67

C'mon Mario, you have seen it thousands of times, I am sure.................................

Here is a refresher. I drive this car more than most, so the interior is pretty dirty though. I hope it doesn't shatter my image......................:p
Image shattered... :lol:

FWIW, while I like original appearance, I would go mad if I had to match every factory blemish... I bought 40 lug nuts off an EB wheel dealer. Solid and chrome, not the now common stainless cap... I wanted 3/4 hex to help protect the centers if someone else ever pulled a wheel, they sent 40 13/16 hex, I whined, they sent 40 3/4 hex and asked me to send back the others... I said sure, send me the prepaid shipping label please, it wasn't in the box with the correct ones... they told me to keep them and leave positive feedback. Now I won't ever have to buy shiny lug nuts again... but I don't have a zillion cars to think about.

I see their LH thread ones are double the price.

Best excuse yet to get rid of those goofy left handed studs! Imagine some kid at O'Reilly's hammering away at those lug nuts till they bust off:BangHead:

I'm with Mario, I think I've only seen a quarter or two your 'Cuda Steve. :thumbsup::thumbsup: Gorgeous car!

Back