What Stock but wider tires for my 66 Fury?

Rusty Muffler

Reaction score
My 66 has P195/70R14 radial whitewall tires. The previous owner said they're shorter than what was stock for my car.

What is the factory stock size of tire in a white wall for my car with the 318?

Can I, should I, get a wider tire that's a stock height that won't look too roddish in a whitewall?

Thanks!

You can get 215-75 14 radials for your car in a Hancook brand.(Korean) I have them and they work well, the car drives well, and the height is similar to a tire in the day. They are about 27" tall, and a 7.75-14 was 28 or so. One thing, a 66' Fury had 14x6' rims, so the 215-75 will look good on the car.

The guys driving such cars will need one or two sets till they're gone; no profitable market.

While we're talking about such things, start stocking up on incandescant bulbs for the house.

I can help you out. 001.jpg

001.jpg

My 66 has P195/70R14 radial whitewall tires. The previous owner said they're shorter than what was stock for my car.

What is the factory stock size of tire in a white wall for my car with the 318?

Can I, should I, get a wider tire that's a stock height that won't look too roddish in a whitewall?

Thanks!

you can get a 29-30" -15" tire in the rear and a 27-15" works well on the front, as for me I have I now Have a 20" wheel with a 1" low profile tire and a 22" wheel in the rear again with a 1" low profile tire, it handles like a go cart and with a lowered stance deff has a nice look.

I'm also on the hunt for some 14" tires and it seems like all the local tire joints pretty much only have the Hankook 215/75-14 tires. From what I've read online (I know, dangerous), the 215/75 is very close to the original 7.75-14. When I get my new Hankooks, I don't know if I should put the whitewall out or in. The car would probably look good either way. It's a C-body after all.

Mine isn't a street rod and I'd like to keep it looking that way. I think whitewalls make a great difference in how good my car looks. I'm running what I think are Sport Fury hubcaps with the knockoffs.

skinny whitewalls look good on old cars because thats where the look came from. if you want to try something different you could look on Craigslist or Ebay for some used Steelies in 15 or 16 and buy tires that fit those. There is a much larger (and cheaper sometimes) selection of tires in those sizes. ride quality will still be good and look will be similar. downside is finding hubcaps. in case you need it http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html heres a tire size calculator site.

Back