twostick Senior Member

NICE CAR!!!!!

I had one of those.

Kevin

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. twostick

twostick Senior Member

That's what I do, reply with contact info. I never put mine in the ad, just the reply button.

Kevin

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. bluefury361

bluefury361 Old Man with a Hat

[QUOTE="LocuMob
    I'd lose out on anything I'd want to buy from you, as I use Gmail.[/QUOTE]

It is unfortunate, but Gmail seem to be the "go to" provider for scammers.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. LocuMob

LocuMob Fluid Technician with a hat FCBO Gold Member

It is unfortunate, but Gmail seem to be the "go to" provider for scammers.[/QUOTE]
    I know, and it sucks when I lose out on a part because of it. But I've gotten enough from the site, and thankfully the Polara 500 had a phone number, and I called as soon as I could. The biggest find on CL for me, thanks to the ad being posted here! My first FCBO car, if you will.

Without phone numbers in the ad, I wouldn't have a lot of the things I have for my cars, or as many cars as I have, so I'm glad some people include it.

5. Fast Eddie B

Fast Eddie B Well-Known Member FCBO Gold Member

I get a lot of legit spam (properly logo’d corporate sites etc...) from charter.net. If you are getting a lot of gmail.com spam that is real low level stuff! Pure amateur!

6. Gerald Morris

Gerald Morris Senior Member

FWIW I actually found Mathilda on Craigslist nearly 4 yrs ago. Sadly, there now seldom appears any pre-1970 vehicles for the Tucson area on CL. I suspect flippers really have come with their electronic carpetbags and denuded the region of the good old iron folks formerly kept in the town. I just thank the Lord He prompted me to look on Craigslist back in March, 2016. As soon as I saw the ad, I KNEW my prayer had been granted!

Miracles like this don't come often even to the deserving.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 300Nutter

300Nutter Senior Member

I've found car shopping on CL to be a general waste of time. Although I did buy my wife's 2009 Toyota Avalon off a CL ad. It was local seller...and I recognized the neighborhood where he parked it in the photos.

The car actually turned out to be "semi-legit"....it had a salvage title from another state and was tagged as a "washed" title...meaning the title in this state didn't say "salvage". That said, the seller was honest with me on that and I got it for a good price.

But many other times it's been a goose chase when it comes to a car listed on CL. Even when I offered to pay the listed price.....have never found a deal to close...it's always some reason. Of course, I usually am doing "due diligence" and asking some questions. That's probably why. :)

8. cuda hunter

cuda hunter Senior Member

I have some stuff for sale on CL.
    https://cosprings.craigslist.org/grd/d/westcliffe-john-deere-tractors/7028661467.html
    1999 Jeep cherokee sport

Within 20 minutes of listing these I get this.
    Abdullh Atfif -- Hey How many miles on body for the Jeep?
    Ali Albadrani -- Jeep still available

yeah, I'm sure mister muslim is going to come up here in the mountains and buy my jeep within 20 minutes.
    Usually pretty easy to weed out the scammers. especially since I write in the ad to send a phone number. No number. simple directions. I fire people at work for not being able to follow simple directions.