What the hell is this?

goodneighbour

Reaction score
Pulled this out of the 60 this weekend and I'm wonderin if I should keep it, V8 poly with no harmonic balancer and the flywheel on the damn thing is bolted on with nuts on the engine side!ive tried the casting number sites and they don't go back that far#1576329. Help!

IMG_0894.JPG
Oh this is in its place

yap , its got rb written all over it , with hipo heads and exhaust manifolds . nice start . and early engines had bolt n nuts on the flywheels , no threads in crank hubs . i've got an early rb 383 from a 59 or 60 chrysler with bolt n nut cranks flange . 7/16 fine threads , early hemis were the same way . tap them straight to 1/2-20 and just bolts .

Thought it was a 313, thanx for the pic Stan, found a 4 barrel carb and intake in the trunk and it had a high volume fuel pump on it, was that an option on these things? Just wonderin

yap , its got rb written all over it , with hipo heads and exhaust manifolds . nice start . and early engines had bolt n nuts on the flywheels , no threads in crank hubs . i've got an early rb 383 from a 59 or 60 chrysler with bolt n nut cranks flange . 7/16 fine threads , early hemis were the same way . tap them straight to 1/2-20 and just bolts .
Are the ears on the early blocks the same as the later blocks? Thought the poly mounts ma work but nada!

Check the front of the block, left side, just below the head. Should be a machined boss with letters/numbers stamped into it. That will be the engine number and will tell us what you've got.

Check the front of the block, left side, just below the head. Should be a machined boss with letters/numbers stamped into it. That will be the engine number and will tell us what you've got.
Number on pad reads PV-11707C, thanks for that a lot of grime on here didn't want to clean the whole thing!

Back