What the....

Fast Eddie B

Reaction score
reading up on derby rules from Bedford PA demo derby and found this rule....

"Full Size Car Demolition Derby - Any factory stock American Made auto or station wagon is allowed. NO CHRYSLER IMPERIALS!"

Are they afraid of the Imperials or trying to help preserve them?!

Imperials have always had a heavier frame than std Chryslers....

Being stiffer means able to do more damage in a derby....

'66 and earlier had full frames and might as well have been battering rams but why this wouldn't be considered true for any full frame vehicle I don't know.

did a few demo's myself . imp are the pros use . tank or battleship or destroyer . you name it as it is . two imp's back'd up into the front of a 72 full size chevy w/ a bb in it . one from each side , lifted that chevy til all i could see was sky . broke the steering box pinion off . yes there a heavy duty machine . i never used a chrysler product , just ferds shevies n a buick . figger'd no one would miss them , lol .

reading up on derby rules from Bedford PA demo derby and found this rule....

"Full Size Car Demolition Derby - Any factory stock American Made auto or station wagon is allowed. NO CHRYSLER IMPERIALS!"

Are they afraid of the Imperials or trying to help preserve them?!
:soapbox::soapbox::soapbox:

:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

:elmer::elmer::elmer:

:mob::mob::mob:

did a few demo's myself . imp are the pros use . tank or battleship or destroyer . you name it as it is . two imp's back'd up into the front of a 72 full size chevy w/ a bb in it . one from each side , lifted that chevy til all i could see was sky . broke the steering box pinion off . yes there a heavy duty machine . i never used a chrysler product , just ferds shevies n a buick . figger'd no one would miss them , lol .
I'll miss them lol. I hate to see any full size American car from the 60s/70s die that kind of death

'66 and earlier had full frames and might as well have been battering rams but why this wouldn't be considered true for any full frame vehicle I don't know.

You need to look at one of those frames next to anything else... fully boxed and super thick. Welding the front end into one piece (from the factory) didn't hurt either!

Way too many Nice Imps met their death from Derbiers !

Back