What to use this for in the shop?

thrashingcows

Reaction score
Scavenged an old gun safe, it's about 10" deep, 21" wide by 56" tall, nice heavy duty metal but I can't think of what to use it for....add more shelves for storage, or cut it down and make it into something more useful?

SIoT2IKh.jpg

JK9biYOh.jpg

3MpSWHyh.jpg

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Just my thought, since it doesn't look water proof or fireproof and looks more like a metal cabinet than a safe I myself would look as it as a storage cabinet maybe for various shop items.

Since I am only seeing one shelf in the unit I would make a couple shelves then decide what I would store in the unit and that would decide if I would leave it on the floor or mounted on a wall. Since I buy oil for my vehicles by the case I might put absorbent pad on the bottom and use it to store my oil or maybe oil products and maybe some hooks on the side for odd tools I don't use very often or maybe a grease gun with a cup under it to catch any of the oils that leak out of a grease gun as the grease separates / break down in time.

Since I am only seeing one shelf in the unit I would make a couple shelves then decide what I would store in the unit and that would decide if I would leave it on the floor or mounted on a wall. Since I buy oil for my vehicles by the case I might put absorbent pad on the bottom and use it to store my oil or maybe oil products and maybe some hooks on the side for odd tools I don't use very often or maybe a grease gun with a cup under it to catch any of the oils that leak out of a grease gun as the grease separates / break down in time.

I really like this idea...I think we have a winner!:thumbsup:

Back