What to use to clean interior been sitting for a long long time

1970300vert

Reaction score
Need some help trying to find out what to use on my interior to clean and condition the interior in my 70 vert. the car has been sitting with the top down for years.

Thank you

This is what mine looked like after sitting for years with the top down:

Interior1.jpg

Interior2.jpg

After a little Armor All and elbow grease:

Interior5.jpg

Interior6.jpg

Seriously, you have an interior left? As you can see, I didn't.

Need some help trying to find out what to use on my interior to clean and condition the interior in my 70 vert. the car has been sitting with the top down for years.

Thank you
Welcome to the site....... I'll try and help you out while these guys have their fun ...... You'll have to get used to that here.

For heavy jobs like yours sounds like it could be.... I dielute "Purple power" about 8 parts PP to 1 part warm water, to clean up the heavy soiling. After that use Lexol cleaner followed with Lexol conditioner. Try to avoid armor-all, the long time effect is not good.
If its a white vinyl you might try some Westleys whitewall cleaner to brighten things up a bit.

Both your cars are outstanding classic standards for anyone to emulate.

No one could ever be sure of that
I'm at odds about selling my 65 Dodge to finance the restoration of the 61 Fury. Mainly it's a storage issue. I could keep the Dodge and just take a longer time to do the Fury but will still need to pay storage for one car.
We've had a lot of fun in that Dodge.... One of the most reliable cars I've owned and I've driven it over 15K miles in the past three years.
The 300 will be see the most road use this year..... We'll see how she does.

It could be a moot point if no one steps up to the plate to buy the Dodge. It's still a tough market.

Thank you

After getting some of the heavier soil out, I love using this stuff by blue magic. I was impressed how deep this stuff cleaned the first time I used it. Now it is all I use on the cars, along with thier conditioner.

300_zps24b88522.jpg

I haven't found anything better than a mixture of water and detergent scrubbed in with a brush followed by LOTS of clean water rinsing. Then a coat of silicone worked in.

< Sent from my tablet >

I haven't found anything better than a mixture of water and detergent scrubbed in with a brush followed by LOTS of clean water rinsing. Then a coat of silicone worked in.

< Sent from my tablet >

I agree with Stan on 2 items especially, a brush and lots of clean water. I like the stuff mentioned from blue magic too but still use the brush and clean water rinse. I presume you are cleaning vinyl and not leather. You will notice we get off topic on every thread here.

By the way Scott, everytime I see pictures of your car..........don't sell it, you will cry.

By the way Scott, everytime I see pictures of your car..........don't sell it, you will cry.

How many times in anyone's life does your labor of love end up being in an eight page spread in a magazine AND the home page picture of a tech forum???

Scott...........don't sell it.........you'll regret it!!!!

You can always start a long term project (that'll need more work then you plan on) and keep your beauty too!

Back