What White Polara?

Stormer

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Sanding sucks....

image.jpg

You ruined it, it was better in Mauve, as it was meant to be.

Nice job, thats a lotta work.

Yea, the mauve ship has sailed...

Sanding uncovered an unbelievable amount of what I'll just call "Earl Scheib bullshit".

OK what the hell is going on here? Is this before the dip or have you peeled the dip off?

Yea, I'm not really working right now so I have a lot of spare time but no crew...

She's gonna start out black until I decide what color chameleon flip pearls to spray.

OK what the hell is going on here? Is this before the dip or have you peeled the dip off?
I peeled the dip cuz the black showed every little ding. I went over the car with a fine tooth comb & filled every tiny little ding. I then put her in primer (except for the few spots where the bondo wasn't dry enough to sand so I just taped them off).

The black quarter panel is dip that I sprayed today to check my body work. Perfecto!!!

Now I just need to sand the rest of the primer & dip away....

So that's your work there with the filler and not what you uncovered .. looks very good
Earl had green filler in both doors & a bunch of it. I'm not even sure why on the drivers door. It's like a guy was standing there with some filler & said, huh, I guess I'll just slap a half pound of left over filler right here.

The photo is before sanding on my filler. I sanded a whole bunch of what you see in the photo back off...

Looking good. I personally get great satisfaction blocking down the car and laying down putty, but I'm weird like that.

Yea, I don't like it at all but that's probly cuz my dad made me sand all the furniture and cabinets that he built for a living...

So dipping again, thank God! How easy was it to peal off the first dip?

Very easy if you get it on thick. Not so easy if it's on there thin...

Back