what windshields are interchangeable?

newport64

Reaction score
I need a windshield for my 64 newport. I am headed http://www.ctcautoranch.com and it seems they have a bunch of other C bodies. I am curious if a windshield from an Imperial or other mopar will fit on my Newport. Are there any differences between the Newyorker/300/Newport windshields? Based on their website, they look very similar.

anyways I will take photos in case anyone needs anything.

N'64, Make friends with the biggest and best Body shop in your area. They have a interchange book that is called HOLANDERS and a new copy comes out every year. IF YOU SMILE JUST RITE AND YES MAM AND NO SIR THEY MIGHT JUST LET YOU LOOK AT IT AND TAKE NOTES. If their books don't go back to '64 you're in the wrong shop

Typicaly all the C-Bodies (probably not Imperial) were the same for a given generation ie 69-73. (I do not know what the year range for a 64 is)

The hardtops and convertibles would use the same one and the wagons and sedans would use another.

There were also different tints, I was lucky to find an NORS full clear (no tint strip) window for my project.

so apparently the ctc auto ranch had that book. apparently the windshields from a hardtop are the same as my sedan. anyway they had a windshield that was in good condition except for it had some spots around the edges that looked like bubbles. dont know if this is bad or not. anyway, I left a deposit and will pick it up soon...

heres pics of the windshield I found. Ever seen that peeling/bubbling before? I felt it on both sides and it wasnt dirty or sticky on either side...

I would say that a '63 or '64 Chrysler should be the same, also possibly Dodge Custom 880 from 1963 or 64. Don't hold me to that, but those were the full-size cars in those years. The Plymouth's were B-bodies until 1965. :)

Thanks Wildaugust. Newport64, It's just the way you're looking at it. ALL CHRYSLER C-BODYS WINDSHIELDS FOR THE COUPES, SEDANS, AND 4 DOOR HARD TOPS ARE THE SAME PIECE OF GLASS FROM 1961 THROUGH 1964 INCLUDING THE WAGONS BUT NOT TO INCLUDE THE CONVERTIBLES OR ANY 1960's or 1965's. I hope this narrows your search, Jer

Small update I sourced a windshield from a junkyard hardtop 300. :eek:ccasion14:

a4f9ac81a244c7fcd1d0bfafba3f7919.jpg

Back