What would you pick if you have the choice?

Which style of sticker for my Poly 318

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought a 318 Air Cleaner sticker last summer being reassured that it was the correct one for my Poly but it isn't the same.

It only cost me $15 for a sticker... FIFTEEN BUCKS for a sticker!!! that isn't the right one...:soapbox:

So hear is a question for everyone who wishes to have a say in it.

Which would you choose if you could find the right sticker or suck it up and up the newer 318 sticker?
Decide which you like best.

If the "original non OEM " style is readily available can you tell me where i can get one? Thanks!

20140612_200916.jpg

Last edited:
Original if you can find it. I wonder if you could get one made in viynl at a print shop? I like the oringal. The new one you have doesn't look like the same era,..to new.

Original if you can find it. I wonder if you could get one made in viynl at a print shop? I like the oringal. The new one you have doesn't look like the same era,..to new.
A print shop shouldnt have too much trouble scanning your original sticker still on the air cleaner then clean up the image and make a new one, i certainly would look into it.

I think a little careful trimming with an x-acto knife and that new sticker would look just like the old sticker.

I think a little careful trimming with an x-acto knife and that new sticker would look just like the old sticker.

I am with big John I think you can make it look vintage. 99% wouldn't know any different.

The only Poly 318's that came with engine call out stickers were the 59-67 trucks. On the right side valve cover .... 318 CID .... 200 HP

4-8-09 006 (Large).jpg

The only Poly 318's that came with engine call out stickers were the 59-67 trucks. On the right side valve cover .... 318 CID .... 200 HP

Interesting...

I still ike the original look of the sticker.

It looks like a very period piece.

I will give that a try now that you point that out John.
Thanks!

I think it's a good idea also,.but you can clearly see the numbers are bigger on the original. Again,.the new one doesn't look period correct. Go to a print shop to have one made. Another idea would be to find another air cleaner lid and use the new one for now. That way you'll always have the original. Once you peel it off,..it's gone......

I think it's a good idea also,.but you can clearly see the numbers are bigger on the original. Again,.the new one doesn't look period correct. Go to a print shop to have one made. Another idea would be to find another air cleaner lid and use the new one for now. That way you'll always have the original. Once you peel it off,..it's gone......

I do have a spare air cleaner un labelled. .

OK ....... One more time guys ....... You want original .....? There were NO 318 engine call out stickers on the air filter lid of ANY 318 poly's....... !!!! Just black paint.

Those valve cover stickers are a take off of the 426 Golden commando and Ramcharger stickers from 63-64. Someone made them up ..... Nice, but not OEM.

engine detail (Large).jpg

Back