What's the size and pitch of the big block crank bolt?

furious70

Reaction score
I need to get a balancer driver.
Anyone know of a driver kit that has the right threads for big block and gen III hemi?

Might find those specs in the respective section of a Mopar Performance Parts catalog? Where the balancer bolts/washers are sold separately.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Seems bb is 3/4 16 pitch
Hemi is M14 1.5
If the internet is right.
I bought a hobby grade set off amazon that seems to have adapters for both. We'll see.

I use a bolt and washer from a small block Mopar to put a big block Mopar balancer on. Works perfect as it's longer than the big block version. Zero cost.

Both are 3/4-16.

Start pulling it on with the long bolt and switch to the shorter bolt.

I've done plenty that way and been lucky to not pull the threads out, at this point I've pushed my luck enough and want the installer.
Especially the 5.7 balancer, holy cow the one I've done so far was incredibly tight.

I've done plenty that way and been lucky to not pull the threads out, at this point I've pushed my luck enough and want the installer.
Especially the 5.7 balancer, holy cow the one I've done so far was incredibly tight.
The small block bolt is long enough to eliminate that issue, but I get it. I've seen threads messed up using the (short) bolt from the big block to pull the balancer on.

It's still pulling on the crank threads, just more of them engaged. Installer engages all threads from the start and doesn't move in them

Back