What's your excuse gonna be on this '70 Polara 'vert, huh???

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970...ars_Trucks&hash=item2c6ff25280#ht_2134wt_1164

50gktu.jpg

I'm Having a Mopar SALE ! This will be the 1st of 4 more to come this month.

You just can't drive them all. And I will still have 5 left. So, this is a great time to get a bid in on a fairly rare Mopar.

This auction is for a 1970 Dodge Polara Convertible. The car has been going through an 11 Month restoration.

It was ordered as a Dealer Demo, so it is LOADED with options. And total production of only 842 makes it on the rare

side. Since I have access to a 30 year Veteran of Mopar body work, I had the car re-done in the original Factory Burgundy

color. I also had a new top installed by my local trim shop ( 25 years in the business ) And my Mopar mechanic of 30 years

installed a console unit and a whole host of other mechanical repairs. Since this car is loaded with so many factory options

it made it worth the time to get it back to its' former glory. The car was pretty much a Kansas car for its' whole life and

garage-kept till a couple years ago. I'm really quite happy with the results. If I didn't have 2 others, I'd for sure keep this

one. The options go as follows: 383 4bbl high performance motor ( rebuilt at some time, I'm uncertain when ) POWER

Windows, Power Driver seat, Power door locks, Power trunk release, Power Brakes, Tilt Steering wheel. rim-blow horn,

Cornering-lights, clock, A.C., Sentinel head-lights ( SUPER-RARE OPTION ! ) Bucket seats, Am/fm radio, Factory Road

Wheels, Overall, I'd say the car is a Strong 7 There has been A LOT done over the last 11 Months. The Console was

installed using only genuine Mopar parts. No re-pop stuff. And New Cooper tires were added. New Interstate Battery.

The car runs nice. All the power window motors were removed and cleaned and lubed and work good. The rim-blow

horn works good. ( and they usually don't work ) Clock even works. The Am/fm radio works O.K. but is from a Chrysler 300

It is period correct. The factory thumb-wheel radio didn't work, but comes with the car. I did not put any speaker holes

in the doors or rear panels. I figure your radio choice is sort of a personal decision. The Dashboard is BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!

There was a new carpet kit installed. Short in a couple spots, but presentable. The rest of the interior is original, so for

it to be as nice as it is, the car must of had pretty nice care for most of its' life. All the interior lights work. The A.C. is

there, but I have not had anything done to it. So, figure it will need repaired if you are an A.C. person. The car is truly a

Fine piece of Machinery to drive. I've had the Rear Bumper re-chromed, N.O.S. Tail-lights, power seat motor, Bumper guards

( including pads) The Power top goes up slow, so I did check into a new Power top motor from a Company I've dealt with

before in California and they are about $250 ( I think the motor is factory original ) And the power trunk release sticks

if you open it from the glove-box. ( You just have to put the key in the trunk lock to close it ) The Trunk, doors and ignition

locks are all new. Doors and ignition are nos mopar. I'm sure I'm forgetting things done to it, but if you have any questions

I'm really good about checking my e-mail. ( Usually 3-4 times a day ) No warranty is being implied or offered. ( it's 43 years

old ) Over-seas Buyers are Welcome, and I'll be glad to keep storing it indoors for up to 2 months as long as Funds are

received and cleared within 10 days. I know shipping takes time to set-up. Hopefully my Feed-back speaks for itself.

Everything that comes with the car is mentioned or in the photos. It never came with a boot. Pretty-much any trim shop

can make one. Since I'm making this a 10 day auction, please feel free to come by and drive it or if you know someone

local they are Welcome to come see and drive it. If it's a car you've been looking for, shoot me a buy it now offer. I do

reserve the right to do that. ALL pictures were taken this last week!

Low starting price but the reserve is probably in outer space somewhere.

I would assume reserve at least in the upper $20's to lower $30's based on the way he described it and what he's done (don't expect it to sell for that though).

Of course he may be asking $50K ???

I would assume reserve at least in the upper $20's to lower $30's based on the way he described it and what he's done (don't expect it to sell for that though).

Of course he may be asking $50K ???

Maybe it comes with a free well at that price....

I just typed a good response and the G-D browser froze up.....curse you Billy Gates!

anyway, from the desc Stan posted i'd say it's very accurate, i had the car in my gar for 2 months on stands redoing the flr and the dash pad, and i'm the one who shorted the carpeting so you can blame me for that. I would be very surpr if the reserve is over 20K. The car has a nice sheet with it too, at least i assume he still has it.

If my well is dry i'm buying nothing but a $2000 sedan

He's an *******!! The seller is a flipper that has a passion for 70 and 71 Monaco's and Polaras. Everything is done on the cheap. Notice the incorrect console of which he didnt swap the column. He also fails to mention he bought it from PA and that the car spent the first 20 years of its life in Nebraska NOT Kansas. He also fails to mention that the pad was changed out.

Yes, I have an Ax to grind with this guy, he is the Lakeland Florida seller of Polaras and Monacos..........

Are you sure it's the same guy? Lakeland? Or is that a reference to another scoundrel? This seller is in Littleton Co.

I just typed a good response and the G-D browser froze up.....curse you Billy Gates!

anyway, from the desc Stan posted i'd say it's very accurate, i had the car in my gar for 2 months on stands redoing the flr and the dash pad, and i'm the one who shorted the carpeting so you can blame me for that. I would be very surpr if the reserve is over 20K. The car has a nice sheet with it too, at least i assume he still has it.

If my well is dry i'm buying nothing but a $2000 sedan

A lot of formal NYB's in that price range!!!

Are you sure it's the same guy? Lakeland? Or is that a reference to another scoundrel? This seller is in Littleton Co.

Its not the Lakeland guy, a snake like him. However you can see by his feedback he appears to be honest BUT I know better

Good to see the car stayed burgundy and wasn't changed to firesale red. I knew Dave would be on top of the history. Was the 383 really "rebuilt"?

Good to see the car stayed burgundy and wasn't changed to firesale red. I knew Dave would be on top of the history. Was the 383 really "rebuilt"?

Yes, the engine was rebuilt four owners ago........This guy Steve the flipper, Mark had it a few months, MR & Mrs M had it for five years and before that a fellow named Dan owned it for many years. He is the one that originally had it repainted , new top and had the engine rebuilt.

There was an owner's card from the guy before Dan, his name is Randy.

I love my cars and have a passion for them, but it pales in comparison to somebody else on this forum who shall remain nameless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back