Wheel balancer grab at the yard sale

jbooth35

Reaction score
I picked this up today. Has a nice bubble and I thought $30 was reasonable.
7D271D05-57B5-4ADF-8C43-9174D931989D.jpeg

The fella was a retired body man. Had a ton of chains and pullers and things to grab sheet metal and what not. I grabbed a balancer and a tach/dwell unit.

H
D75C9E7A-C52E-4B00-9A6D-05FC58CBF1C9.jpeg

Also saw this Hein-Werner 1.5 ton jack that they really wanted to get rid of, but I passed just cause it was really big. But $30 ….

they really wanted to get rid of
When I sense that at a yard sale it's like they say "What'll you give me for it?" to which I reply "How'bout I charge you nothing to take it to the dump".
If that doesn't work I go drive trough the dump late Saturday and most likely it'll be there (if someone else doesn't snag it)
Got quite a few large items that way, Yard Sales back then were like if anything didn't sell off to the dump it went as the whole point was cleaning out the house of unused items. Now with city trash pickup curb crawling works just fine.

I don't need it, but I'd have a hard time passing up that jack.

I picked this up today. Has a nice bubble and I thought $30 was reasonable.View attachment 478402

The fella was a retired body man. Had a ton of chains and pullers and things to grab sheet metal and what not. I grabbed a balancer and a tach/dwell unit.

These wheel balancers are probably the most accurate to use. I've used them a lot and never have a issue with balance.

These wheel balancers are probably the most accurate to use. I've used them a lot and never have a issue with balance.

I learned to use one in H.S auto shop, it's a no brainer machine to use. But to confusing for today's yutes!

Back