Wheel center cap

Commandough

Reaction score
I am needing some info on this center cap as it comes with a 2-prong connector (see pic). I have only ever seen the 3 prong setup on most late 60's A/B/C bodies. Listing says its from a 67/68 300 and I am wanting to add it to my 68 T&C wagon. My true ambitions are to find a sweet gold or green translucent Imperial wheel and add this cap. My concern is that due to the 2 prong connector and the position of the prongs at the 3 and 9 position, it wont fit on 99% of anything and it is a one-off year or model. I'll bet someone will suggest modifying which is an option but I always like it better when it fits from the factory. Does anyone know what the connector looks like that this fits on?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001 (1).jpg

Burled Walnut was a New Yorker item, as for interior trim accents, as I recall on those model years. I know the non-NYers usually weren't wood grained/toned, but otherwise. Is the T&C more NY-oriented than not?

CBODY67

T&C was a Newport. I believe the wood grain used, primarily on the flanks of the body, were more of a Cherry Oak so they don't match exactly. I was more interested about the fitment of this cap with other wheels. Like I had mentioned, most of my experience is with the 3 prong adapter with the rim attached for the horn. This is most likely from wheel with horn pads built in. I am trying to get some ideas on how to get this cap to fit a wheel that it is not designed for, being that the 2 prong attachment seems unique.

Cherry-Oak.jpg

The only way I can see a retrofit - would be to remove your Chrysler ornament from the chrome cap - remove the Imperial eagle ornament from the horn pad -and install the Chrysler inside the pad!

Back