Wheels on a Newport

Just mention 26" wheels and he'll go in to a slammed frenzy. LOL!

Once again, Bob piles right on when there's a chance to take a shot. ;)

I'm working my *** off right now in Jackson, MS. Getting some much needed down time tonight.

I like the Torq thrusts as well and I'm gathering a set of Daisy wheels for my turquoise RR.

I like the Torq thrusts as well and I'm gathering a set of Daisy wheels for my turquoise RR.

Good choice, Matt. :)

CIMG4949.jpg

CIMG4949.jpg

That is one righteous lookin' ride, right there!

Well, I decided to go with the AR Hopsters, (possibly with a tri-bar spinner for even more retro-coolness) in a 15X7 size all around. For tires, I got some Cooper Cobras on the way as well. 235/70's front, and 255/70's rear. I will post up some pics of them when I get them mounted up. Thanks for all the help, guys!

Thanks! I think they will look pretty darn good on the ol' girl as well. Plus, I always have the hubcap/whitewall setup to go back and forth with as the mood strikes me.

Here are some pics of the wheels on the car. I did decide to go with the spinners on them, and I also installed some blue dots into those, just to add a bit more retro and some sparkle. I also wound up lowering the rear 2", and dropped the front down 1-1/2". I think it turned out pretty cool! :icon_cool:

2013-05-04_11.55.05.jpg

2013-05-04_11.55.33.jpg

2013-05-04_11.56.44.jpg

2013-05-04_11.57.56.jpg

I'm sorry. I am so in love with that car I have to speak up about the exhaust tips. I hate them. I understand why you chose them so as to compliment the Slab's angular lines but they come under the Nice try but... category. Quite simply, they look like square frame tubing.

sxkd1e.jpg
348fuhy.jpg

Fail. If they only had been slash cuts....

1 (1).jpg

Gen-yew-wine Mopar:

314tabk.jpg
bgz9g1.jpg

1 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Commando, you and a few others may have a point about those tips. I must admit, the more I look at them, the less I like them. I actually almost bought the slash cut ones too. They would definitely follow the side profile of the bumper better. A swing and a miss, I guess! :eusa_wall:Oh well, that's an easy enough change to pull off in the near future. Thanks for the input!

Here are some pics of the wheels on the car. I did decide to go with the spinners on them, and I also installed some blue dots into those, just to add a bit more retro and some sparkle. I also wound up lowering the rear 2", and dropped the front down 1-1/2". I think it turned out pretty cool! :icon_cool:

Are those 255's on the rear then? Any rubbing at all? And what backspace was the wheel? Car looks amazing! Great choice.

Back