Wheels

czbill

Reaction score
I am looking for a new set of wheels for my '70 300 vert. Probably going to go with 15", possibly a little larger if I find some I like for a reasonable price. Am not where I can check out my car, so I was wondering what others have used both as to styl, widthe and even more importantly what back spacing works on these C bodies?

Thanks

There are a limited number of factory options for our fuselage C-bodies but there are tons of aftermarket choices out there. The other alternative is what you could find at your local salvage yards for a reasonable price. I picked up a set of F@#d Fusion rims with 225/45/17 Michelins mounted for dirt cheap. Since the rims are off a front wheel drive car, I had to add 2" spacers to get the wheels out to a normal position. Then I had a friend create the unauthorized 'Dodge Oval' applique. Purists will not like what I did but it's my car and I like the look.

70 Monaco in Front of the Soo Locks Block House.jpg

The new Dodge Oval.jpg

Check your new wheels carefully compared to the tires you want. The previous owner of my Newport put 15s on. No problem. But the tire size made the front tires hit the fender in turns, chewing up some nice tires. Next set I bought were a little smaller around and just clear the fender in a tight turn.

I've seen Frank's car up close and personal. Personally I'd stick with a stock diameter but the rims do look good on the car.

No, its not. I am still unsure if I like'em....:thinker:

Dave, it doesn't matter if you like'em or not. What matters is that I like'em 'cause it's my car! Same applies to Jon's 70 convertible with the hood scoops. Not something I would do but it's his car and I respect that. I kinda like the look of what he's done to his car too! Fred, yourself and many others prefer to keep their car totally stock. Each to their own! So yes, the CASE IS CLOSED!
P.S. have great time at Carlisle!

Back