When are you considered old?

65sporty

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
So what do you guy's think, at what age are you old? I just turned 50 today so am I actually old now to go with my old man with a hat status? When I was in my teen's I thought 50 was old, but now that I am 50, 85 or 90 looks old.
Is it just a matter of your only as old as you feel? Any thoughts?

Happy birthday. It changes as you get older. I am turning 65 at the end of the month but don’t feel old. My bones may argue that fact but for the most part I don’t feel as old as I am. Now 85 and 90 seems old.
My wife is putting on a big party and people are asking what I think. My answer is twofold. First I can now get the govt cheque I so deserve and secondly it’s a great reason to have another family get together.
Keep on chugging and enjoy life as much as you can.

When are you considered old?

When you say so..

So what do you guy's think, at what age are you old? I just turned 50 today so am I actually old now to go with my old man with a hat status? When I was in my teen's I thought 50 was old, but now that I am 50, 85 or 90 looks old.

When you catch yourself saying, wow, he was only 75 when he died.

Before that, when did they start letting 12 year olds drive cop cars and carry guns?

Robert

You are old when you remember you used to chase girls but can't remember why.

Dave

"You're only as old as you feel". I just turned 39 a week ago and I feel like a spring chicken! Ha! Not quite, doing pretty good though, really gotta quit smoking however. Maybe then I would feel like a spring chicken!

Don’t take too much time thinking about it, or the next thing you know, you’ll be 60 and wondering where the time went. Its how you feel and where you are health wise. I guess I can say I don’t feel much different now than when I was 50 and that’s more than 10 years ago. 60s are good so far, 50s were better, 40s......well. Don’t worry over it, there’s nothing you can do about it anyway.

"You're only as old as you feel". I just turned 39 a week ago and I feel like a spring chicken! Ha! Not quite, doing pretty good though, really gotta quit smoking however. Maybe then I would feel like a spring chicken!
You really should quit. I quit just over 3 years ago, after smoking for 20 years. I'm turning 39 in 2 months, and I gotta say, everything smells and tastes so much better when you quit. I did cheat and used an e-cigarette to transition out of cigarettes, and just weened off of that.

Everyone who cares about you will be glad you quit, so will people near you. Smokers stink.

When you catch yourself saying, wow, he was only 75 when he died.
This very true, but what makes it worse is the day you realize that all your long term buddies are dropping like flies.

You are old when you remember you used to chase girls but can't remember why.
Nah, some things you never forget. You do however reach an age that you are afraid to chase ladies because you might catch one.

gotta quit smoking however. Maybe then I would feel like a spring chicken!
Yes quit. I quit cold turkey Oct 4th 2008 after over 50 years of a pack a day habit. Canadian packs are 25's so that's a lot of smokes. My lungs are not happy, but at least they still work. Smoking is with out a doubt the dumbest thing I ever did in my life.

So when did I start to feel old? Probably on my 75th birthday when I was told I had to get a medical and a note from my doctor in order to renew my driver's licence. That certainly gets your attention!!

Happy birthday young fella!

like they say, age is just a number...besides...maybe you should have a -66 Chrysler like I do, it keeps you a young (..I hope..)!
Anyway, happy birthday!
Regards,
Mika
20191012_091451.jpg

Turning 30 next year, so I might be one of the youngest on this board but I started quoting Bruce Willis a couple of years ago,, I'm too old for that **** " just for fun... Now most of the time I really mean it:D

Happy birthday old man! I just turned 50 in July.:wtf:

I used to think turning 50 was old, but that happened a few years ago for me.
Being on the backside of my 50's now, I think getting old really depends on how old you feel, and how capable you are to do things for your self.
I don't feel old. I get 5, sometimes 6 hrs of sleep daily, and I don't feel exhausted at the end of the day.
Gerring old is just a state of mind, and whether or not you want to be old.
It's more how people view you.
With that said, the first time someone called me "Sir", it made me think for the first time that I must be getting old...nahh.

Other then medical adventures that have slowed me down, I never feel old until...

1 - I look in the mirror and my father is looking back
2 - I talk about 8-track tapes; rotary phones on a party line; our first VCR; not having cable.....etc. And nieces and nephews look at me like I've got too heads.

But then, when I'm complaining about something, my oldest brother says, "Don't worry, it'll get worse." That always puts things into perspective.

I don't think about it anymore. For the record I will turn 64 in a few weeks, today I sit back and enjoy all the wonderful things I have seen in my life. My children, grandchildren, hell my oldest grandson wants to move in and live with his girlfriend, so the next generation could be here in a couple of years.
Life is what you make it, sit back and enjoy your family and good friends.

Back