when did this become nothing but i link to ebay ??

Um, maybe some more context would be appropriate.

Other members are trying to point out cars we might be interested in. I am OK with it as long as it is marked "NOT MINE".

Many people on other social media websites are not aware of this forum's existence. OR that they might find a potential buyer for their vehicles HERE. Which is why some members will link to those other listings in their postings here.

Nor do some in here monitor, or desire to have access to, those other websites, on their own. In that orientation, consider those links as "public service announcements" of sorts. Some are more worthy than others, by observation. I've harvested some great pictures from some of those links for my files.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I will still insist on the importance of adding a new section in the classifieds named, For Sale Ads From Other Sites.

FCBO's classifieds need an overhaul because as it stands now, it sucks.

@Joeychgo

1/2 the posts are links to ebay
While I agree, I also appreciate the other members taking the time to troll other sites for cars, time I’m not willing to dedicate, but may eventually benefit from. I have noticed in recent months that there has been a considerable reduction in “how to” and restoration posts. I try to keep up my own progress posts, but I am guilty of falling behind.

Having a separate forum for non-member cars would be helpful, but since I click the “new posts” link, I see everything anyway.

There is no way to make everyone happy all the time.

I will still insist on the importance of adding a new section in the classifieds named, For Sale Ads From Other Sites.

@Joeychgo

i dont want to discourage any poster from posting but filling the for sale section with reposts of craigslist and facebook for sale ads that are a week old seems kind of a strange habit.

and it pushes down OUR ads of the people here legit trying to sell parts and stuff.

Personally I like reading the Not Mine ads. I even contribute to what the original poster considers a problem. I think it's a good way to determine the value and desirability of our beloved C bodies and get a feeling of their worth from the general public, not just our biased view. I say keep em coming and don't click on them if you don't like them.

Other members are trying to point out cars we might be interested in. I am OK with it as long as it is marked "NOT MINE".

Does it really have to be marked not mine? Is this the 3rd grade? Or are we to assume that the same poster actually has 300 f'in cars to sell on FCBO??

@Joeychgo

Honestly I just put the spammers on iggy and I don't have to see the ads anymore. I think I have 20 or 22 on the list now.

Yes. That is so the member posting the ad doesn't get other members asking him questioned directly about the car.

We never seemed to have this problem until the past year or two.. Most of the membership was smart enough to figure out that members were posting from outside sites.

I got my car as a result of a listing somebody posted about a car, not everybody wants to search numerous sites looking for cars and even then you will miss some sites.

The For Sale section of the forum is not setup for browsing, you need to use the search to find stuff, I've had better luck posting a wanted listing.

Alan

Sometimes I think there should be an Unwatch Forum option like the Watch Forum, only it would filter out the postings from your New Post listing. Then again I might not have found my car.

Alan

I also like the cars being shown across the country. Besides the obvious the small inaccuracies on cars pointed out make us more knowable. Also the price differences in places. And condition wise, rust in in Arizona looks like a great condition car here in the salt belt.

We never seemed to have this problem until the past year or two.. Most of the membership was smart enough to figure out that members were posting from outside sites.
I think we can blame this on Covid. Many are stuck at home, and well the internet is a great way to kill time. As far as working on projects goes, some may not have the money at this time, or circumstances for them may have changed. These are strange times we now live in, and it probably won't go back to the way it used to be.

Back