Where are the 1969 Polara 500s 2 Door Hardtops?

1968Fever

Reaction score
Please pardon the title, because I know there is really no answer.

What I am wondering, since I am looking for one, is if I am chasing something that is completely unreasonable and an excercise in futility. In a few years the only ones I have seen for sale are the burgundy 383-2 car and the blue Canadian built 440 car, both which needed quite a bit of work. Even pictures of existing cars are scarce on the Internet.

Seeing that they really don’t go for sale publicly, do they trade hands behind the scenes? Are they mostly in Europe? Do they really just not exist anymore, having been parted out or used up?

It would be interesting to see what an example in relatively good condition would bring in a public sale on the open market, especially an auction. I think there are a lot of people interested and the price fetched would be surprising.

Does anyone know of some other surviving cars? It would be neat to hear about them.

Thanks for any info!

This was mine , sold it to Germany about 5 years ago.
upload_2020-7-17_22-39-43.png

Also the 300,s .....more conv for sale than coupe,s.

Last edited:
I agree, most internet pictures of these cars Are stale. Fusey coupe Dodge C bodies seem To be scarce. It seems the agreed values are low for the rarity of the cars. If the prices were suddenly high would they come out of the woodwork?

Blame the B & E body guys.

Since the 70s our cars have been looked at as engine donors. Demo guys didnt help either.

But who would have thought they would be candidates for resto or whatever...they were just cars back then...

Patience is a virtue. No matter what you're looking for, it always seems like the most unobtainable. When I decided to finally buy a classic, I kept my options open. 1955 to 1975 Mopar. I lucked out and found a pretty rare big-block C. Of course I'm still working on it but that's mostly a result of OCD, limited time and limited money.

I recently sold my Polara 500 convertible to a friend in Arizona (about 6 months ago). It was fully loaded and had its original 440HP engine in it as well that runs and was loaded with just about every option but a/c. B7 Blue with black bucket seat with console interior.

They are out there but very rare.

I still have my 69 Monaco 2 door that I am not willing to sell - it is a keeper. 383-4 bbl.

I bought the latter maybe about 10 years ago and rarely see one ever these days. I believe the supply has just dwindled out as time marches on................................

Mine will look like this when it is done........................minus the bug deflector.

231025846_31f87a3334_z.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone. I do find the rarity amazing. It seems like maybe most Of the remaining cars are worthy of restoration at this point? But then I guess the aftermarket is not good and parts may not be around for use in restoration.

From what I’m learning I think these cars will only gain in value/popularity.

I have looked for a 1968 Charger for years and never really found a good one. They come up all the time but are usually in two categories, a fully restored $60K+ car, or a rusted piece of trash. These 1969 Polara/Monaco’s are a whole different story. They are just not available period. I guess that’s why I am trying to gather info. I want to be patient but I also don’t want 10 years to go by without finding anything. Years of enjoyment definitely can translate to a monetary value.

I wonder what happened to the light blue 440 magnum car:
For Sale - 69 Polara 500

I recently sold my Polara 500 convertible to a friend in Arizona (about 6 monts ago). It was fully loaded and had its original 440HP engine in it as well that runs and was loaded with just about every option but a/c. B7 Blue with black bucket seat with console interior.

They are out there but very rare.

I still have my 69 Monaco 2 door that I am not willing to sell - it is a keeper. 383-4 bbl.

I bought the latter maybe about 10 years ago and rarely see one ever these days. I believe the supply has just dwindled out as time marches on................................

Mine will look like this when it is done........................minus the bug deflector.

View attachment 389236

If your car ends up looking like that I can see why it’s a keeper and you wouldn’t sell it! It even looks like F8, which is one of the best colors in my opinion.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I do find the rarity amazing. It seems like maybe most Of the remaining cars are worthy of restoration at this point? But then I guess the aftermarket is not good and parts may not be around for use in restoration.

From what I’m learning I think these cars will only gain in value/popularity.

I have looked for a 1968 Charger for years and never really found a good one. They come up all the time but are usually in two categories, a fully restored $60K+ car, or a rusted piece of trash. These 1969 Polara/Monaco’s are a whole different story. They are just not available period. I guess that’s why I am trying to gather info. I want to be patient but I also don’t want 10 years to go by without finding anything. Years of enjoyment definitely can translate to a monetary value.

I wonder what happened to the light blue 440 magnum car:
For Sale - 69 Polara 500

Patience IS the virtue here. That ad was three years ago. So you'll wait three years as you hunt. That is not long in the wait for a specific model. I have hunted 20 years plus before I bought the model I wanted. Then I didn't even like the car much .....

How are you searching? How long have you been looking? When I decided that I wanted one car, a 1969 Fury 2 door I went out to ebay and bought a factory reproduction manual. Actually I am glad I did because it kept me on track what I really wanted. I was very tempted with a few 67,68, Fury's and there were many for sale at the time. But I knew if I got the 68 ,great a car as it is, it was Not what I specifically wanted. I held off and kept looking at times I thought in vain. I was told of Autotempest.com. It links all the ebay and all Craigslists across the country. I looked for 6 months every day and finally found one. A VIP 69 Fury was sold out from under me in Arkansaw and I had booked a flight to see it. It was bought by a German Gentleman in the area on business, paid cash and shipped it off to Germany. Be patient, have cash ,check the internet daily ,be ready to move fast is my advice as a 69 Polara is more rare than my 69 Fury.

I found a car I never thought I'd get, let alone see in person, ten years after dreaming up the idea I wanted one. It's out there, but like @Turboomni said, you have to have your nose to the grindstone and be diligent. You'll see what cars are for sale, and which ones have been for sale for a long time. Then when the car you want comes to market, it will stand out like a sore thumb. Even using Searchtempest.com, I've only bought one car as a result of that site, I've bought five cars thanks to this website.

Usually the was a car search works is that as soon as you buy one, 10 more will pop up out of the woodwork.

Dave

Back