Where can I find these things for my 68 300 convertable?

WissaMan

Reaction score
Northeast PA, 10 minutes from Knoebels Grove
I need to get the cover that snaps over the convertable top when it's down. I've looked around but can't seem to find it. I'm not even sure what it's called.

Also, I want to buy some Plasticote paint to freshen up some of the interior plastic trim but I'm not sure what color to buy. I'm thinking I should be looking for an ivory white but the fender tag decode just says "White on Black interior". If anyone can point me to some info where I can get a more exact color code that it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I think it's called a tonneau cover. I don't know where to look for one, mine came with one.

My interior plastic trim is metallic...what trim are you talking about?

A picture is worth a thousand words, you know... :)

Jeff

Your interior is pearl white.

http://www.herbsparts.com/documents/HerbsParts_InteriorPaintColorChart.pdf

PAINT-1.jpg

Herb's Parts - Mopar Restoration and Performance

Awesome, thanks everyone for the info! I've got the boot on order already. Regarding the interior paint -- is that brand well regarded in the community? I've seen many other options for painting interior pieces so just want to make sure I'm "getting the good stuff" :)

Here's what the pearl white boot looks like installed. Just remember that you have to install the snaps yourself. They are supplied in a bag with your order.

upload_2018-9-25_13-50-50.jpeg

i ordered 1 from Legendary for a 1970 fury.
the 1st one they sent was completely wrong, it had a raised flap
around the rear side window openings and the 2nd is too tight across the sides
doesnt fit and isnt long enough on the forward sides.........
ive had to pay 3 shipping costs and have given up trying to get it resolved.
it is ok to use at a car show in hot weather but not to leave on while driving.
very disappointed.
the blue one was the original

mark in victoria bc canada

20180212_152243.jpg

20180212_152450-1.jpg

20180212_152454.jpg

Mark, in Victoria and along the coast up to Nanaimo there are lots of shops that fabricate repair panels etc for sports boats. You should be able to get your old '70 cover duplicated. If you can get access to a sewing machine the marine parts stores have lots of stainless steel dome fasteners that are easy to install. My dad replaced all the canvas on his boat while it sat on shore.

hi bill,
good idea but i dont want to add snap fasteners, i couldnt find any shop that can do a 69-70 top boot with the hidden plastic clips so we are doing without.
tx
mark

Mark, in Victoria and along the coast up to Nanaimo there are lots of shops that fabricate repair panels etc for sports boats. You should be able to get your old '70 cover duplicated. If you can get access to a sewing machine the marine parts stores have lots of stainless steel dome fasteners that are easy to install. My dad replaced all the canvas on his boat while it sat on shore.

I got my boot from Legendary. Fit perfect outta the box.

Ordered some hoods clips on a second order. That was a disaster. Finally got a refund. Like pulling teeth. Customer service sucks with them IMHO. They say they will do one thing by a certain date. Doesn't happen, I follow up, they act like their **** don't stink. Gave me attitude when I tried following up. F'em! Rant over!

Last edited:
hi bill,
good idea but i dont want to add snap fasteners, i couldnt find any shop that can do a 69-70 top boot with the hidden plastic clips so we are doing without.
tx
mark
Legendary does have the plastic clips available. Not cheap at $5 each, but they do have them. You can also buy them from Mitchell. NEW 1970 1971 Barracuda Challenger Convertible Top Boot Well Retaining Clip | eBay

Or you can buy some (gulp) NOS clips... $500 MOPAR NOS 1970 1971 CUDA CHALLENGER CONVERTIBLE TOP BOOT CLIPS 3415721 | eBay

Foot some reason I missed this thread. @marko did you ever solve the issue?

no it was never resolved. still have the boot that isnt wide enough to fasten into place and the side forward flaps are too short.
terrible customer service, they acted like i was the 1 at fault.
after paying 3 shipping costs plus 3 tax and 3 freight forwarding fees to Canada we had to give up

no it was never resolved. still have the boot that isnt wide enough to fasten into place and the side forward flaps are too short.
terrible customer service, they acted like i was the 1 at fault.
after paying 3 shipping costs plus 3 tax and 3 freight forwarding fees to Canada we had to give up
That stinks

Back