Where do you cut the hole where the linkages pass????

Golden Banana

Reaction score
You guys have been very generous with your comments on green machine!!:sSig_thanks:

green machine graphic copy.jpg

.....Don't worry its only photoshop!!

I'm planning to put a nice black bucket seat interior (from a 300) with centre console into it and was
wondering where to cut the hole for the linkages to pass to the transmission???

I haven't been in there yet to even look at the task but I've been milling it over in my head!! :icon_rolleyes:

Im thinking the console will have a pretty natural fit with the seats and the tunnel which should narrow things down??

How critical is the final position of the shifter with regards to the tranny levers??

Is there an obvious form or shape in the tunnel?? if not its down to measurements off someone who knows?
anyone?.....come on Howard chime in!!

green machine graphic copy.jpg

The round hole for the shifter is pretty obvious once you pull the carpet.
As for the console/shifter brackets there are dimples and tic marks to locate them.
With the brackets in hand and a general idea where they go you should be able to find the marks.

The console mounting is setup for adjusting and the linkage has adjustments as well.

Alan

The round hole for the shifter is pretty obvious once you pull the carpet.
As for the console/shifter brackets there are dimples and tic marks to locate them.
With the brackets in hand and a general idea where they go you should be able to find the marks.

The console mounting is setup for adjusting and the linkage has adjustments as well.

Alan

Thanks Alan .....I was hoping for dimples etc!! :sSig_thanks:

These are from a 67 Barracuda, I'm assuming the C-Body has them as well.

Indent in floor to notch in bracket...
indent.jpg

Tic marks on floor for the shifter bracket...
tick-marks.jpg

Alan

Banana, The shifter and console brackets have some old floor section still attached to help locate them. The linkage has a boot that attaches on the tunnel with screws at the three dimples, centre dimple is for the hole saw. You will need to make a link to connect to the trans shift lever......I couldn't find it, sorry. The floor pans have location dimples or marks for all screw/bolt holes. Remember these were assembled as they moved down the lines, they had to be fool proof.

Banana dude!! ha you've been talking to Jer? .....fool proof!! but are they banana dude proof? ....got clearance today for the 300H project! she could be on my doorstep early next week! :wav: ................................ :yourock:

Back