Where Do You Guys Get New Replacement Brake Rotors for the 69 - 72 Fuselage C Bodies?

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
In the not too distant past, maybe as little as a year or two ago, I was able to buy new replacement brake rotors for these cars that were correct, but no more. Either the single or dual piece ones were available. I usually got them from NAPA. But now they don't even show one available for the single piece rotor and the dual piece one is not available in the foreseeable futue. NAPA does show a single piece available for the 71 Chrysler for some reason, but not the 70 for example, and when you order that one, it doesn't fit.

Even the ones from Rock Auto are wrong.

Is China flat on their asses these days and getting lazy or what? Maybe time for some U.S. steel again!

Search eBay for old stock rotors. I probably have more old stock rotors in my basement than I will ever use so let me know which ones you are looking for and what they are worth to you.

Actually, they are not in this category,maybe I should put them in here, too... They are in the brakes
section.....
Either way, always best to simply call me....
Yours, Craig...

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I actually have enough of these for myself, but I have a couple of friends who need them for their C bodies, and I am now out of spares to sell them. I can give them mobileparts number to call, but knowing both of these guys, they are looking more for something that may not be two piece originals but something less expensive like the single piece rotors that used to be available as late as last year that worked. The ones available now have the wrong seals at a minimum.

I also have a PM from one of our members for another followup company to pursue the correct ones with.

Thank you for the clarification Craig. As I stated above, the parts are not for me, but for some guys who were asking me if I had any. I will pass along this information to them to make their decisions. How long were the 73 rotors carried over in future years? Maybe in all the formals?

I appreciate your input.

Dr Diff sells a Viper brake kit for a Bbody that uses 69-72 C-body rotors and according to the online catalog, he can supply them.

Maybe give him a call and see if he will sell them separately.

Kevin

Since the 2 piece rotors aren't repopped anywhere, I recently purchased, but yet to replace, the 1 piece rotors Rock Auto is selling for my 71 NYer.
Are the rotors that RA's selling only usable on 73 Chryslers, and not 69 through 71? And what about the bearings fitting correctly?

Since the 2 piece rotors aren't repopped anywhere, I recently purchased, but yet to replace, the 1 piece rotors Rock Auto is selling for my 71 NYer.
Are the rotors that RA's selling only usable on 73 Chryslers, and not 69 through 71? And what about the bearings fitting correctly?

If you ordered the Raybestos rotors from Rock Auto, they won't work on a 71 New Yorker - a friend of mine bought those, and the correct seal wouldn't fit, and his mechanic said the wheel bearings sat too low in the race - something that I believe sounds not quite right. My friend did not order either the Centric or AC Delco brands available at Rock Auto either - he didn't want to send back the ones he already has that don't work, much less two more sets. I am estimating that those rotors from Raybestos and also the ones available from NAPA that don't work are actually for a 1973 and up C body. I am going to try tomorrow to contact a guy at NAPA that might be able to look into this for us. They don't want to be selling incorrect parts either, it seems.

I am also going to follow up with Wagner also that shows the two piece rotors available still on their website, but who knows how up to date that really is either. But Wagner doens't indicate that the single piece rotor is available anymore either.

Ram Man posted a video on Youtube, where he showed that by using a simple spindle sleeve you’ll be able to use the larger inner bearing (A17 in place of A6), and thereby also the newer rotors. I thought it was pretty neat.

The correct Raybestos part # is 7012R. For the ’73 large bearing spindle the correct part # is 7018R.

Thanks 330 DTA. I didn't notice that the Raybestos rotors on Rock Auto had both numbers 7012 and 7018 to choose from for a 1971 Chrysler. It appears my friend bought the 7018 rotor (which should not have been a choice for 1971, and only 1973 - up instead, and is listed as single piece) instead of the correct Raybestos rotor 7012 which is noted as a two piece. However, Rock Auto says that the 7012 rotor is no longer available, so that is why he selected the single piece rotor that is for a 1973 model, which isn't correct. That information clears up a lot of confusion. Thanks!

Last edited:
The correct Raybestos part # is 7012R. For the ’73 large bearing spindle the correct part # is 7018R.[/QUOTE]

Correct. 7012 for for '70 - most '72 C Bodies, 7018 for late production '72 & '73 C Bodies and '70's and up Dodge vans and pickups. The 7018's should be around for a long time as Chrysler started to standardize brake rotors and other parts in 73 -74 and used these for a long time on pickups and vans and other vehicles.

As far as I know, the two-piece rotor has not been available for quite some time. The Raybestos 7012R is a one piece item, and seems to be available from Rockauto at times, i.e. only occasionally. I suppose either the supplies are entirely drying up, or the rotors are made in small batches, and then sold out quite fast each time. - I for one could not get them. Had to settle for the Centric #12063021 "equivalent" pieces.

5834EB32-81A5-4ABB-AB2D-1B2B1CAA58BB.jpeg
70F1B16D-1CF9-4793-AB2D-3A89FB4DC836.jpeg
AB360AAC-D189-4755-ABE0-90784747B410.jpeg
9A01251D-FE41-40CC-8F31-BDC63A7B4630.jpeg
Hi Steve, et.al., I got these years ago. I know they are a “one piece” hub/rotor, and not per factory. I was told the application was 69-72 Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge disc brake all application. But I’m not 100% on that.

Is this what you are looking for?

View attachment 252864 View attachment 252865 View attachment 252866 View attachment 252867 Hi Steve, et.al., I got these years ago. I know they are a “one piece” hub/rotor, and not per factory. I was told the application was 69-72 Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge disc brake all application. But I’m not 100% on that.

Is this what you are looking for?

Yes, that is the general rotor that my friends are looking for Trev. I did some more investigation into the options on the Rock Auto website and found that as discussed above the Raybestos 7018 should not be an option there for 1969 - 1972 early cars, and the 7012R one is N/A, but I also looked up on the AC Delco website and found that the one listed on Rock Auto is also probably wrong since AC Delco says the rotor shown is for 1971 -1973 Chryslers and for other 73 and up Chrysler products. So they have it wrong too. And Wagner's website shows a 2 piece available, but when I called Wagner, they said it is discontinued. So I suspect you will not be able to find two piece rotors any more that are new unless they are NOS ones.

I also looked up on the Centric website the applications for their rotor shown on Rock Auto for the 69-72 Chryslers and they properly distinguish between the 69-72 and 73 and up part numbers.

So it looks like the only way I know of at present to get the proper 1 piece rotors is to order the Centric one piece rotor from Rock Auto - p/n 12163021 or the same number from Ebay. The Centric correct one piece rotor for 73 and up is 12167000. Raybestos and AC Delco don't have it right. So the Chinese are more knowledgeable about our old cars than the U.S. manufacturers. No wonder we keep losing to them. :BangHead:

Last edited:
Ram Man posted a video on Youtube, where he showed that by using a simple spindle sleeve you’ll be able to use the larger inner bearing (A17 in place of A6), and thereby also the newer rotors. I thought it was pretty neat.

Dr Diff sells those too. Apparently a 200R4 front pump torque converter seal is the right OD to fit the 73 rotor and the right ID to fit the early spindle.

Kevin

Back