Where is the voltage regulator?

Hey all. Where is the voltage regulator on my 67 Fury wagon? Is it behind the dash? I'm overcharging on the highway.
circled in red. Sounds like you need a new one. If you don't fix it soon you will also need a new battery. Make sure it is properly grounded to the firewall.
regulator location.jpg

That's what I thought. This is my first C-body. I tried looking under the dash like the B and A bodies. Thanks. It'll stay parked until I get a new one.

That's what I thought. This is my first C-body. I tried looking under the dash like the B and A bodies. Thanks. It'll stay parked until I get a new one.
Bet you're confusing the voltage regulator with the voltage limiter that supplies current to the gauges.

The limiter is under the dash, attached to the back of the instrument panel and the regulator is out on the firewall.

On this '71 Dart, the VR is just to the right of the master cylinder.

195970_Engine_Web.png

On this '68 Roadrunner, it's between the ballast resistor and the wiper motor.

photo3-vi.jpg

Beware high charging can also be caused by a bad field circuit or grounding. You need a wiring diagram to troubleshoot, found in service manual.

I installed a new voltage regulator. All back to normal now. Went on a few test drives. Now it's idling like crap again. I'll have to look for vacuum leaks. It never ends.

I installed a new voltage regulator. All back to normal now. Went on a few test drives. Now it's idling like crap again. I'll have to look for vacuum leaks. It never ends.
Ah, the old spray brake cleaner around the carb to find vacuum leaks. Always fun!

Back