Where was this Mopar Brochure/Ad Photo shot?

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
There may be fatigue with this, given photo "doctoring", 'staging", age, demolitions of background structures, and the "it could be anywhere" issues with these brochures. But I happen to know this answer because I have been to this place.

Bon chance! :)

PS. If the pickings get slim with suitable Mopars (given all car companies WANT to be vague generally in the photo backgrounds so as not to show consumer favoritism), other brands are cool if it makes for a fun search.

66-78-7.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks but it isnt Times Square. :) If anybody is still trying to find it, you don't have to look outside North America.

care to give any clues?:p

lets see ... it still exists so it definitely can be located. that plus north america, and picture itself of course, narrows the search a lot :)

location has changed a bit in 38 years due to some tree plantings .. in case someone has a hunch and is driving around with "Mr. Peg-Man" looking for it .. you might "drive" past it if not careful.

No sir, it was not taken at any Chrysler facility in North America.

Past couple months we slogged through a couple of these mystery brochure photo searches with one big open question .. is the place where photo was taken "real" (in public view vs a "Hollywood" backlot for example), and if yes where is it IF it's still there at all?

Where was this '70 brochure photo shot?

66-73.jpg

Again, in this case for this R-body, it is a real place, and in public view every day up to this very moment, and the brochure photo was not "staged/shopped" (other than typical things they do for advertising enhancements like color adjustment, lighting, etc.) at all. :)

be happy to PM anyone the location who wants to know but would rather not go through the search to solve this thing. just would ask them to please keep the location to themselves as a couple of folks may still wanna ferret this thing out.

Last edited:
no its not Chicago for the car photo .. but your instincts may mean you're onto something :)

Yes actually, we played this game once before and I believe it lasted 5 pages.

My second guess is a foutain in NY that I've never seen.

I ain't the "thread police" .. like everything else here, people express their views in posts. This one is supposed to be fun as were the others.

Anyway, as to your second guess, its a very logical one. hope you get a chance to see if it pans out :)

I enjoy this but I have no idea where this one is and so far your clues have been way too cryptic.
And btw that's a horrible color on that '79...

Sorry .. i am like a teacher trying to write a test. Too hard, everybody is pissed. Too easy, everybody is pissed. so, trying to find the right balance.

From the other threads, and the penchant for attention to detail many here possess, I opted to provide less info rather than more.

So I hadn't planned to provide clues because the other couple times at the "game" all we had was the photo to go on as no one recognized the locations beforehand.

Most of the brochure photos are so vanilla that they could literally be anywhere in the world. This one is different .. but with enough ambiguity to make it an interesting challenge i thought. I just happened to know this location instantly because I had been there - MANY times.

Yes, that color .. all i can say in the brochure it doesn't look so weird vs the background in the print ad photo I used.

But i still don't think i would have ordered it: "Designer's Beige" with "Designer Cream" Roof/Interior I believe .

66-78-9.jpg
66-78-10.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry .. i am like a teacher trying to write a test. Too hard, everybody is pissed. Too easy, everybody is pissed. so, trying to find the right balance.

From the other threads, and the penchant for attention to detail many here possess, I opted to provide less info rather than more.

So I hadn't planned to provide clues because the other couple times at the "game" all we had was the photo to go on as no one recognized the locations beforehand.

Most of the brochure photos are so vanilla that they could literally be anywhere in the world. This one is different .. but with enough ambiguity to make it an interesting challenge i thought. I just happened to know this location instantly because I had been there - MANY times.

Yes, that color .. all i can say in the brochure it doesn't look so weird vs the background in the print ad photo I used.

But i still don't think i would have ordered it: "Designer's Beige" with "Designer Cream" Roof/Interior I believe .

View attachment 93253View attachment 93254

Matt's full of $*?!

Those colors are awesome. But I will admit you have be in a climate with 330 days of annual sunshine like I am right now. (care to figure out that riddle, lol?)

Hint: I saw Hall and oates last night :)

Obvious location guess is NYC somewhere along 5th Ave.

Dad had one of these as a Co. car also. Love the wide whites and those wire covers. I liked this color combination better than the green/green two-tone N.Y. we had that year also. The cream/biege was available on Cordobas also as i recall.

Obvious location guess is NYC somewhere along 5th Ave.

Dad had one of these as a Co. car also. Love the wide whites and those wire covers. I liked this color combination better than the green/green two-tone N.Y. we had that year also. The cream/biege was available on Cordobas also as i recall.

Yes, definitely better -- to me -- than the green/green ones.

As to photo location, your guess is also very logical, all factprs considered. :)

Back