Which carpet color?

Furyus67

Reaction score
How would I know if my car came with the 02 Red or the 13 Maroon? Does that numeric code align with a build sheet or tag found in the car anywhere, or is that just the code ACC uses? I'm pretty sure mine is red but I don't want to screw it up.

upload_2021-2-11_19-20-23.png

upload_2021-2-11_19-20-53.png

Those are ACC numbers, not corresponding to your car. Do you have the original carpet to compare against? You can contact them and ask for free samples to try to find the best match. It likely won't be exact.

Agreed. I would compare the sample with an area of the original carpet that has not been exposed to light or the elements -- fading/discoloration will be an issue.

1967 Plymouth red interiors are not really red, they are more towards maroon. What color are your dash door panels and seats?

I vote maroon from the 2 choices.

Last edited:
ACC sent me some samples, and the color matching is still an imprecise science, especially with red. To me, carpet that is brighter than it ought to be is more irritating than darker than it ought to be, so I try to err on that side. Good luck.

I sent my trim code to SMS and they returned correct samples for my entire interior also.
I had to ask them what the factory name for the color was as every supplier uses different numbers. Mine was “Dark Saddle” and I went from there. Perfect match.

I just ordered floor mats from ACC they are too red for my ‘68 which has the L4R interior which the carpet was DR8- red. I am assuming DR for dark red?
Here is the original carpet sticker.
11C774DD-4116-4CD4-9431-4E27180A4A27.jpeg

Here is the ACC red floor mats ( they did not show the maroon variety in their original material selection) Brighter red than I wanted. I have to see if I can send them back.
70943297-7F57-428B-923E-DB71625B46F6.jpeg

Last edited:
DR8 for paint is burgundy. Available 1968 to 1970.

I sent an e-mail to see if I can exchange. The 13 maroon was not listed in the year specific colors for some reason and I didn’t notice the button for all colors.
If they exchange I will likely have about $50 eaten up in shipping. Or maybe have some nice red floor mats for sale.

Here are photos of my 67 Sport Fury. The color of the carpet for my car was the lighter red color. If you look closely, the floor mats I am using on the driver side carpet is closer to the darker maroon carpet color sample you have displayed. The carpet in my car had been replaced. If you compare the floor carpet to the carpet on the sides of the center console and the kick panels were slightly off color, just a tiny bit darker, but you could only tell if you where and inch away, or it could have been age.

Dash -  Full.JPG

Dash - Left.JPG

Front Seats.JPG

Yes my replacement carpet is a little lighter than the original as well.
I wish I had your rubber mats. Those look pretty original.
pretty similar color pallet as mine. The material for my new seat covers are a little more maroon than the original. It took me a while to discover the difference.
Original carpet on the left, replacement on the right.
9C7B0973-1AD0-4A34-8721-D03DDE20C740.jpeg
5D9451B8-D620-4C07-B166-5BF73C74CF28.jpeg

Yes my replacement carpet is a little lighter than the original as well.
I wish I had your rubber mats. Those look pretty original.
pretty similar color pallet as mine. The material for my new seat covers are a little more maroon than the original. It took me a while to discover the difference.
Original carpet on the left, replacement on the right.
View attachment 438526 View attachment 438527
The floor mats came with the car from a previous owner, probably from the late 80's when maroon was a huge interior color. P.S. You have cup holders....you rock!

I've put in a sample request for
01 Red
13 Maroon
41 Medium Red

Now we wait...
Did you give them the three digit trim code from your body tag or broadcast sheet? SMS can then tell you the correct carpet for your car.

Here is the 13 maroon. Matches my replacement carpet.

FF6280B1-0ABB-4C18-8DC6-A335DF5C6CFF.jpeg

Left is the original carpet color and tags(L4R interior code) that no one seems to be able to completely match. Right is the replacement color. And bottom and the background is the 02 red floor mats I sent back.
2A50A90F-3C7D-45D9-8307-413F04C545E2.jpeg

Yes I did I'm still waiting to hear back from them. It's L4R. I've been trying to get carpet for awhile but having issues as the places I've contacted don't have a mold for the convertible

Here is the 13 maroon. Matches my replacement carpet.

View attachment 446632

Left is the original carpet color and tags(L4R interior code) that no one seems to be able to completely match. Right is the replacement color. And bottom and the background is the 02 red floor mats I sent back.
View attachment 446634
That's what I've got in mine. Yours looks great

@SGVert
I got my floor mats from OC carpets. Which drop shipped from ACC. The price was less from OC than ACC For the same thing.

Back