Which paint and colour

Swefury

Reaction score
I need to paint the rear seat plastic panels in my 68 Fury so what paint should I use? I think it would be Pearl White but what paint.

20190801_170702_resized-1.jpg

I just refinished the panels in my 79 300 with SEM. Worked great but make sure you follow their directions. You need the adhesion promoter to make the paint adhere to the plastic. You can use their cleaner but I just used Methyl Hydrate.

I need to paint the rear seat plastic panels in my 68 Fury so what paint should I use? I think it would be Pearl White but what paint.

View attachment 306093

I too need to re-paint my plastic interior panels with the Pearl White color. I don't see any color with that name in the SEM color lists. I hope someone out there has done their interior with a color that matches "Pearl White." Anyone ? Bueller? Bueller?

I too need to re-paint my plastic interior panels with the Pearl White color. I don't see any color with that name in the SEM color lists. I hope someone out there has done their interior with a color that matches "Pearl White." Anyone ? Bueller? Bueller?
Thanks, now I dont have to ask that.

After I primed the hard panels ( rear armrests ), I painted them with a GM colour. It was a 3 stage pearl white from a Cadillac. I thought it turned out well. Everything soft was new from SMS.

upload_2019-8-1_16-3-7.jpeg

upload_2019-8-1_16-1-45.jpeg

I have a 68 sport fury convertible with dark green metallic panels I used Herbs paint and it came out perfect. I was very happy with the results. Some hat wearers wear very critical of using it. I believe They sell the white your looking for just check there website. Good Luck

I have a 68 sport fury convertible with dark green metallic panels I used Herbs paint and it came out perfect. I was very happy with the results. Some hat wearers wear very critical of using it. I believe They sell the white your looking for just check there website. Good Luck

Who is - where is "Herb's paint." Thanks for the info you guys.

Who is - where is "Herb's paint." Thanks for the info you guys.
Herb's Parts - Mopar Restoration and Performance

I think that Herb's paint might be mixed to match the original color better, but it is expensive. I've never used it, so I can't comment much more.

I have used the SEM interior paint and I'm pretty happy with it. Since the OP's car has white panels, I'd try the SEM paint. Do a "spray out" on a business card and see if it matches.

Herb's Parts - Mopar Restoration and Performance

I think that Herb's paint might be mixed to match the original color better, but it is expensive. I've never used it, so I can't comment much more.

I have used the SEM interior paint and I'm pretty happy with it. Since the OP's car has white panels, I'd try the SEM paint. Do a "spray out" on a business card and see if it matches.

Thanks, John. But I don't know which SEP 'WHITE' the OP used. They have more than one, and they are listed under later model years.

Thanks, John. But I don't know which SEP 'WHITE' the OP used. They have more than one, and they are listed under later model years.
It's tough to get a color chart from them. This may help, but, of course, your color settings on your computer may be different.

When I did my car, SEM told me that they could custom match anything if you sent a sample to them. Once you got it matched, you would go to a dealer that could mix their paint with the formula. I didn't do it for a number of reasons, so I can't offer any experiences.

If you want to do something "off the shelf", you are probably going to buy a couple different spray cans to try. Then don't figure on matching anything exactly. In other words, if you are doing one door panel, figure on doing all of them.

SEM_Color_Coat__44668.1500258619.jpg

It's tough to get a color chart from them. This may help, but, of course, your color settings on your computer may be different.

When I did my car, SEM told me that they could custom match anything if you sent a sample to them. Once you got it matched, you would go to a dealer that could mix their paint with the formula. I didn't do it for a number of reasons, so I can't offer any experiences.

If you want to do something "off the shelf", you are probably going to buy a couple different spray cans to try. Then don't figure on matching anything exactly. In other words, if you are doing one door panel, figure on doing all of them.

View attachment 306912

Thanks again, John. I'll do a little more investigating. . .

If you want Pearl white I doubt you'll be able to get it in a spray can. As Peter said it's a three stage process. The pearl goes over the white base and then it's cleared. PPG has a line of vinyl paint that uses regular exterior toners so you could go that route if you want. If you want to make it cheaper just go buy a couple ounces of pearl and spray it over whatever white you have and then clear it.

Back