While we’re under the hood...

Just as the DC/Mopar Perf electronic ignition kit installation is totally allowed as an acceptable modification/upgrade.

Funny you mention the Street Demon, Trace! It's certainly a modified TQuad design. Especially with the phenolic float bowl option.

That's exactly the case with conversion to electronic ignition. I don't even "see" it anymore, unless it's a ham-fisted install with the box on the fender, etc.

My filter housing looks perfect. But do the vacuum hoses to the snorkel dashpots actually go to some source of vacuum. Hell no. They're politely routed and disappear under the housing, never to insult anyone's OEM eyes. The flappers are gone, the heat stove elbow removed and a thin plate JB Welded over that opening....all gone, but the results are invisible.

Off Topic: Yeah, that Demon is one fine, modern carb. It took the best features of the traditional high-perf carbs and combined and improved 'em into one sweet item. And yes, I have the phenolic version...looks like a TQ, but without the TQ's problems. It's "out of the box" for a 350 Chevy, so my 448 incher sucked open the secondary air door waaaayyyyy too soon with the accompanying dead-lean stumble. A little time spent tightening the spring adjuster screw in 90* CCW increments resulted in a WOT that's righteous.

Frankly... I can't stand the open maw car show look. Close the damn hood unless someone asks to see the engine in it.:rofl:

Do you drive down the road with your hood open? It completely ruins the look of a car in my opinion. Most annoying to me are the B bodies with their hoods propped up on stilts. All the engines look pretty much the same anyway, except for the cross ram Chryslers lol, but then I can ask, some may have more chrome but who cares, I sure don't, the beauty of cars is how they look as they go down the road, not all in a row yawning, car after car, after car....
Rant over.

I agree and so the one time I showed my Chrysler 300 I left the hood down, only to find out that, in that show at least - but I got the impression it's true for most - part of the judging is based on how the engine bay looks and points are deducted if you don't have the hood raised. So, of course, my car ended up not even really being looked at by the judges. But since I'm there for the fun and not awards, I still leave the hood down. I like looking at the 'finished' picture more.

That's an exception right there:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Most shows or cruise ins are people's choice or for fun. There are some exceptions like Fast Eddies.
It will have a brand new interior next year to match. Found a factory-fresh floor this weekend.
C58241FB-42CB-451B-AB74-0C9FCE49CA88.jpeg

This is exactly what I am doing with the Newport I bought. Since the carb. was missing, and some of the wiring cut up, I am converting it back to pre Lean burn condition. I intend to open up the factory harness, and remove all the wiring from the system, then wire in the regular electronic ignition. I already have a member on the site who wants all the parts I remove as his car is in such good condition, he needs to keep it as stock as possible.

Back