white vinyl cleaner

70Tom

Reaction score
OK, so I ordered my 303 to put on the top. However, I need to get it clean first. Despite it being a new top, it's already dirty (I can tell from the fact I left a towel on the roof for a while and now that segment is much whiter than the rest of the top, and this was in the garage). What do y'all use on white vinyl/tops to get them really clean?

On a side note, do you use 303 on your interior vinyl/dash as well?

Thanks

OK, so I ordered my 303 to put on the top. However, I need to get it clean first. Despite it being a new top, it's already dirty (I can tell from the fact I left a towel on the roof for a while and now that segment is much whiter than the rest of the top, and this was in the garage). What do y'all use on white vinyl/tops to get them really clean?

On a side note, do you use 303 on your interior vinyl/dash as well?

Thanks

I've used this mixed 80/20. It really cleaned my top w/ aid of a stiff plastic bristle brush. Don't spray or get on painted surfaces.

20171012_182912.jpg

I had good results on my white conv. top with undiluted Simple Green. Spray it on, let it soak, hit it with a scrub brush and hose it off. Doesn’t harm paint, glass, rubber, driveway or the lawn.

I had good results on my white conv. top with undiluted Simple Green. Spray it on, let it soak, hit it with a scrub brush and hose it off. Doesn’t harm paint, glass, rubber, driveway or the lawn.
Thanks. I may give that a shot first seeing as I actually have some at my house.

Have you tried washing the car with a good car wash soap? Or is there a reason that precludes you from turning a garden hose on it?

Have you tried washing the car with a good car wash soap? Or is there a reason that precludes you from turning a garden hose on it?
Yep, it's been washed. Whatever is on there isn't coming off that easily.

IMG_4989.JPG
It worked really well in this 69 500. The top was original, but yellowed with age after a good cleaning with Starbrite.....

Yep, it's been washed. Whatever is on there isn't coming off that easily.
That sucks! What ever you try make sure it won't harm the paint, glass, chrome, stainless trim, etc. Kent Leather and Vinyl cleaner would etch glass if left on it too long(5-30 mins). I used to use Comet and Soft Scrub on a Mustang convert's white top in the eighties, did not seem to harm anything and it got the top clean. Good luck and be gentle.

Very nice. I just ordered some, so hopefully it'll do the trick.

Also, sweet car. What color code is that?
Remember to gently brush and massage the dirt up, then wipe and "polish" with a clean rag only, when you see the dirt lifting.

IMG_1155.JPG
Thanks!

It also worked very well on the top of this one!

I haven't cleaned the interior, and I'm not going to....too much history and booty sweat that is irreplaceable!

Last edited:
.....giving away all my "trade" secrets on vinyl cleaning....LOL

Back