Who needs to go to Arizona...

300rag

It's Not Going to Shift Itself
Reaction score
...when the forecast is like this.

Screenshot_20210626-182108_CTV CAL Weather.jpg

At least your nights are a little cooler.

I'm so used to Jersey humidity these night time Temps are amazing. You feel the tension go down with the sun.

These Efing bugs are horrible. I've been told Idaho has two seasons, winter and bug.

I'm so used to Jersey humidity these night time Temps are amazing. You feel the tension go down with the sun.

These Efing bugs are horrible. I've been told Idaho has two seasons, winter and bug.
What Bugz Dave? Never had those issues in the '70s and '80s. I ran a triangle basically between the Great Lakes, Pocatello, and Louisville for several years. Those big Crain's Bucyrus- Erie manufactured In Pocatello were being bought, assembled and used in strip mining coal in southern Illinois and Indiana, and Ohio. Late '60s or early '70s They even closed I-70 a bit west of Zanesville and pilled dirt 40' of 50' thick to move one of those Monster Crain's from the north side to the south side of that interstate to continue mining that coal vain. Anyway, I could jump over the river and load Case tractors in Louisville to get me back into Michigan and I'd just keep doing it. Bucyrus Erie had-has a big plant in Pocatello Manufacturing big, BIG Crain's and we all know manufactured steel pays way better then re-bar, lol. Guess I was the only one that figured out what you hauled that payed way better then "sticks" comin' back out of the north eastern slope 'cuz nobody that I hauled for or with ever wanted to go into that country. I did and never wanted to be over loaded with lumber for what it paid or dead head for a day or better to find something that would pay more then paying for the fuel. Sorry for the memory trip Dave, Jer

Last edited:
Never thought I'd say this but I'm thrilled to be in the coolest part of the country.
I love it when the newcomers start *****'in about the heat when it gets into the 90's and I say to them "what you complaining about" and that "it hasn't been in the 100's here since the mid 90's". These are the same one's that look at me strange while they run around in they're shorts & flip flops when it's 68° out and I'm still wearing my heavy winter coat. Once you get into the shade and there is still a good 10/15mph wind, feels like 50° to me.

What Bugz Dave? Never had those issues in the '70s and '80s. I ran a triangle basically between the great Lakes, Pocatello, and Louisville for several years. Those big Crain's Bucyrus- Erie manufactured In Pocatello were being bought, assembled and used in strip mining coal in southern Illinois and Indiana, and Ohio. Late '60s or early '70s They even closed I-70 a bit west of Zanesville and pilled dirt 40' of 50' thick to move one of those Monster Crain's from the north side to the south side of that interstate to continue mining that coal vain. Anyway, I could jump over the river and load Case tractors in Louisville to get me back into Michigan and I'd just keep doing it. Bucyrus Erie had-has a big plant in Pocatello Manufacturing big, BIG Crain's and we all know manufactured steel pays way better then re-bar, lol. Guess I was the only one that figured out what you hauled that payed way better then "sticks" comin' back out of the north eastern slope 'cuz nobody that I hauled for or with ever wanted to go into that country. I did and never wanted to be over loaded with lumber for what it paid or dead head for a day or better to find something that would pay more then paying for the fuel. Sorry for the memory trip Dave, Jer

It's buggy Jer, like living in a swamp. The towns have the bug killer spray trucks that run through but I'm rural. Lots or rivers running through these lands plus canals , woods and farming fields

It's buggy Jer, like living in a swamp. The towns have the bug killer spray trucks that run through but I'm rural. Lots or rivers running through these lands plus canals , woods and farming fields
HUMP? Who knew? Sound'z like the apply named "Love Bug'z" in Florida. What bug'z are we talkin' about Pal?

Oh I don't know Jer. Besides the smaller version of the Jersey bird (mosquito) . There are swarms of other insects, some bite, most don't. It's so bad sometimes you can't go outside. I'm not talking bees and Flys. It's other creatures I've never seen.

Edmonton will be hotter yet, topping out at 106F on Wednesday. So, not far off Arizona temps at all. I know it's still nowhere near max temps ever in AZ though. They are record breaking for us though, especially the duration of this heat. Keep in mind too, the majority of homes here don't have AC.

It's not humid here, so that really helps.

Edmonton will be hotter yet, topping out at 106F on Wednesday. So, not far off Arizona temps at all. I know it's still nowhere near max temps ever in AZ though. They are record breaking for us though, especially the duration of this heat. Keep in mind too, the majority of homes here don't have AC.

It's not humid here, so that really helps.
29420cd82568dc0ad43e444801a0c8bf.jpg

funny numbers,,,
the weather service estimates the temp at 12 feet off the ground. My lifelong retired Tempe fire dept diesel maintanece supervisor stated to me three days ago that he has never met anyone 12 feet tall. Add 5-10 degrees to that number. The city politicians don't want to tell people it is really closer to 120 + on the ground. add to that Illegals starting fires in the country to alert their transportation where they are, it is a real mess right now.

Back