For Sale Why Am I Tempted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
For some reason this Lincoln has caught my attention. Must resist.
1960 Lincoln - $6500 (Tempe) hide this posting
< image 2 of 7 >
00Y0Y_4nYpAgJSRSD_600x450.jpg

00P0P_pXZPWuCftb_600x450.jpg

00l0l_8IqqmcPdZZT_600x450.jpg

00a0a_apDkmCmyaIM_600x450.jpg

00d0d_jAl71tlQZV1_600x450.jpg

00C0C_g5Y7RTVSprq_600x450.jpg

00u0u_7nHOa0ib0wa_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_4nYpAgJSRSD_50x50c.jpg
00P0P_pXZPWuCftb_50x50c.jpg
00l0l_8IqqmcPdZZT_50x50c.jpg
00a0a_apDkmCmyaIM_50x50c.jpg
00d0d_jAl71tlQZV1_50x50c.jpg
00C0C_g5Y7RTVSprq_50x50c.jpg
00u0u_7nHOa0ib0wa_50x50c.jpg

3289.png
3289.png
3290.png
3290.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

1960 Lincoln

condition: good
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 175
paint color: blue
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: automatic
type: sedan

1960 lincoln second owner bought from original owners family
. 430ci v-8, air conditioning, all original, original sheet metal, beautifuld one year only dash.
New parts worth mentioning:
New tires,m water pump, fuel pump, intake freeze plugs, rear springs, & hood hinges( used great condition)
Also all parts are compatible with more collectable Continental. 1960 Lincoln

It does seem like a really good deal. If it's a rust free west coast car, I say go for it. Surprisingly, they are completely uni-body, so lack of rust is very important. Most likely, it will have pretty bad exhaust manifold leaks, which is super common on the Lincoln engines. The manifolds often crack, and need to be welded, and often machined.

Jeff

Very nice. I vaguely recall that Neil Young has one that he converted to all electric power...I'll have to dig it up...it might be a vintage year older or so...

Very nice. I vaguely recall that Neil Young has one that he converted to all electric power...I'll have to dig it up...it might be a vintage year older or so...
I think he called it "Linc-Volt" or similar. The car's battery charger caught fire and burned down the garage with the car in it. He said he was going to rebuild it.

Well I am tempted but I will resist. I haven't driven my 66 NY'er but maybe 25 miles this year. I have barley driven the Desoto and I have the 70 300 convertible that needs restoration. Why do I even think about adding another car???

Well I am tempted but I will resist. I haven't driven my 66 NY'er but maybe 25 miles this year. I have barley driven the Desoto and I have the 70 300 convertible that needs restoration. Why do I even think about adding another car???

Cuz you're a sick, sick man. Just like the rest of us :p

You know we are enablers and will convince you.

Maybe this is a subconscious desire to buy a 61 Chrysler. The Lincoln looks like a distant cousin. I'd say, Hold out for the Chrysler
10269812-1961-chrysler-300g-std-c.jpg

upload_2018-8-23_23-29-19.jpeg

The 430 looks like a Ford "FE" engine, but it's upsized and nothing fits between them. 430 = Mercury/Edsel/Lincoln (MEL).

There IS a national Lincoln Continental Owners Club. They have a website with local chapters AND lots of other information, including repair shops and parts vendors. www.lcoc.org , I believe.

Years ago, I was at a car cruise and a guy was in his Edsel convertible. He'd just bought a (now called) "barn find" rare Montego factory hot rod. A friend and I went over to see it, in the Edsel convertible, top down. We three got into the front seat. The starter must have been quiet as the car just started moving, silently. Like other Ford products of that time, they seemed to be built "like a battle ship". This one was quiet, smooth, and dignified. It was fully restored and "like new" in all respects.

As for the pictured Lincoln . . . if you like it . . . it can be "temporary". Enjoy and partake as you might desire! Remember . . . "cruise and profile", nothing that needs fast cornering.

CBODY67

th?id=OIP.VUPKCi5h2nbw1Ia1yZf9kAHaDf&pid=15.jpg

they are heavy cars and tough on the front suspensions. hard to find parts for, even some mechanical parts are tough.

A car that is parked in Tempe must be temp-e-ting.

The MEL 390/430 engines are smooth as glass. You also need to watch potential oiling problems and distributor issues. The are like big block Mopars with the dist shaft driven off the oil pump, but have bushing problems that can seize the distributor. If the power steering needs work, RUN away! There is an episode of Fantom Works where they are restoring a '60. The PS parts were nearly unobtainable. Worth a watch if you search MotorTrend TV for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back