Will a Dana 60 disc brake kit fit a 9-1/4

1975.Imperial

Reaction score
So the rear brakes on my '75 Imperial are pretty much shot, callipers are seized and the unobtainium rotors are on the way out, I would however like to keep some sort of disc brake setup for it. All of my searches for "9-1/4 rear disc brake kit" come up with only Dana 60/8-3/4 stuff, would those bolt up to my 9-1/4?

Even the R E A R Disc Brake Pads are rough to find !!!
I have exactly two (2) sets of *** N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Pads for that application.....(Late 1973, 1974 - 1975 Imperial- All - Only -)
Craig.....

Will Dana and 8.75 stuff work on a 9.25 diff? Not a bolt on affair. I imagine you could make anything work with enough fabrication.

As for 74-75 Imperial rear brakes:

Calipers are the same as the fronts for a Volare or 5th Ave, so readily available.

Front pads for a Volare or 5thAve can be made to work on the rear of the Formal with some grinding to the metal backing plate for the pad.

So long as your rotors are still okay, you're okay.

Will Dana and 8.75 stuff work on a 9.25 diff? Not a bolt on affair. I imagine you could make anything work with enough fabrication.

As for 74-75 Imperial rear brakes:

Calipers are the same as the fronts for a Volare or 5th Ave, so readily available.

Front pads for a Volare or 5thAve can be made to work on the rear of the Formal with some grinding to the metal backing plate for the pad.

So long as your rotors are still okay, you're okay.
Thank you,
My rotors are, unfortunately, too far gone to put any money into the other components. The Napa website says that they sell pads and callipers for the Imperials so I would have gone for that if the rotors were good. I heard from somebody that '93-'98 Grand Cherokee rear brakes should bolt right up (both 9-1/4 axle with 15" rims) so I think I'll go that route, get away from the headaches the OE ones are causing
IMG_1039.JPG

Back