Will be in PA --Saturday only!!

cbarge

World Famous Barge in a Budget
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Leaving Canada and heading down to West Chester Pennsylvania tonite.
Will be in town by 10am or 12ish if anybody wants to hang out for a coffee or lunch.
Doing a turn and burn adopting a dog at the Brandywine SPCA West Chester location.
Any members in the area are welcome to meet up.
Driving the daily grinder not the BoaB,sorry! LOL!! :steering:
Just PM me if you's like!!

A no kill shelter,we have 3 other fur babies from there.
Why? cost for one and most importantly they need a home and the one(s) we saved were in no-kill shelters for very long time month and even years!
Getting "Noodles" a Border Collie Mix and she is deaf.
She has been returned to the shelter twice since November and been in shelters since she was a puppy.

She has been returned to the shelter twice since November and been in shelters since she was a puppy.
crying indian.jpg

Good on you, Lea for giving her a loving home

A no kill shelter,we have 3 other fur babies from there.
Why? cost for one and most importantly they need a home and the one(s) we saved were in no-kill shelters for very long time month and even years!
A perfect example of how important training a dog to hand commands is. A super big :thumbsup: to you!

She has been returned to the shelter twice since November and been in shelters since she was a puppy
That makes me sad. Glad you are coming along and doing it for her. We have a Plott hound mix here that is afraid of males and gun shots/fireworks. I can only imagine what he went through before we got him. He is on anti anxiety medicine, otherwise he is a bundle of nerves. Got him to the point he can be let out without a lead and listens when you call him, knows his boundaries, and is a good dog with good social abilities.

Safe journey!

Well...came home empty handed..
Noodles is a smart puppy but she needs more care and training we can give her.
She is good with big dogs like herself but she does rough play that other dogs may take tbe wrong way.
Add to that how can to reprimand or evan communicate with a deaf puppy?
As much as she tugged at my heart and with a lump in my throat I had to leave her at the shelter.
It will take a special home to care for such a special dog.
20200215_141924.jpg

I've never had a deaf dog, but have known a couple people with them. it's a real challenge and I can't blame you for passing on her. I hope her "forever" home is with someone that has the skill set and patience that a dog like this needs.

Interestingly enough, I knew a deaf couple that had a dog that was trained completely with hand signals. The dog could hear, but they couldn't.

As I mentioned on another thread,maggie and I have 6 dogs--all pet rescues.
I was hoping she would be a match and get along with the others but just could not see her fit in.

Back