WILL THEY FIT 73 CHRYSLER NEW YORKER BROUGHAM

sidsnot

Reaction score
4x 8" x 17" American Racing 5 spoke alloy wheels

4.5" PCD - Ford 5 bolt pattern
4.5" backspacing
ANY HELP THANKS DAVE

$_57 (21).JPG

I would think they would be a little wide at 8", but I do not know for certain.

1. You're gonna need a pretty damn wide tire to seat properly on an 8" wheel.
2. A pretty damn wide tire is gonna give you clearance issues up front and with the rear skirts.
Skip them. AR 5 spokes on a 4 door 73 New Yorker Brougham would be totally wrong, anyway.

If the rear wheelhouse on a 73 is no smaller than a 66, you should be good on the back. I have 15x8's with 4" BS on the back of my 66 and they fit with 275/60 rubber.
They would be better with 4.5" BS as they are a little tight to the skirts.

If you went with a similar 28" tall tire it should fit the same.

Can't say on the front as I only have 6" wide on mine.

Kevin

I have 8 wide rims on my 73 Plymouth wagon and clearance is not an issue.
Those 17" will be fine.
I would run a 2356017 tire.
Any wider/taller will not fit into the rear opening.
28 inches tall and a common broad market tire size.
BTW,Tires and rims are my forte (my job)
If you want a really nice quiet smooth ride go with the Goodyear Comfort Tread.
Both my 06 300C and wagon run on them.
Remember you cannot jack the car by the axle.You have to jack by the car to allow enough room for the axle to hang to slip the fatties into the hole.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
1. AR 5 spokes on a 4 door 73 New Yorker Brougham would be totally wrong, anyway.

Now Stanley, there you go again.... You wouldn't do it, and neither would I - at least not 17" wheels. But, that doesn't make doing it... wrong. I think ARTQDs would look marvelous on that car - but in 15" wheels.

4x 8" x 17" American Racing 5 spoke alloy wheels

4.5" PCD - Ford 5 bolt pattern
4.5" backspacing
ANY HELP THANKS DAVE

Beautiful car. I especially like when you can tell the American car isn't in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Here are 17" AR rims on my '73 Imperial. I tried to show pics that highlight the wheels/tires. In my opinion, you do need the whitewall, even if that means "spinning" a set of SUV white letters into a whitewall. At the time, you could get Michelin 225/60R17 WW's that were OEM on Lincoln Towncars. Wish I'd bought some extra sets because I don't think you can get them anymore.

74RF.jpg

Feb202007143.jpg

100_0965.jpg

225/60R17 WW's that were OEM on Lincoln Towncars. Wish I'd bought some extra sets because I don't think you can get them anymore.

74RF.jpg

Feb202007143.jpg

100_0965.jpg
Majority of broad market tires with whitewalls including the Michelins you mentioned are dicontinued.
Diamond back Tires do sell 17 " whitewalls at a Premium Price $$$$
The spinning of a current whitewall idea I like but must be done with care and safety first,LOL!

Majority of broad market tires with whitewalls including the Michelins you mentioned are dicontinued.
Diamond back Tires do sell 17 " whitewalls at a Premium Price $$$$
The spinning of a current whitewall idea I like but must be done with care and safety first,LOL!

If I had a late model Towncar and had to fit uglyass blackwall tires, I'd be pi$$€d!

Now Stanley, there you go again.... You wouldn't do it, and neither would I - at least not 17" wheels. But, that doesn't make doing it... wrong. I think ARTQDs would look marvelous on that car - but in 15" wheels.
I'm sorry. I just take wheels too personally. Growing up we were too poor to have wheels... :(

the hankook has WW on one side we were talking about them in some other thread.

and +1 on how to raise the rear to change the wheels out, you have to angle the new wheel in just right to get between the hub, skirt, fender well, etc. everything there is in the way. I maybe even let the air out of them I don't remember.

Beautiful car. I especially like when you can tell the American car isn't in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Here are 17" AR rims on my '73 Imperial. I tried to show pics that highlight the wheels/tires. In my opinion, you do need the whitewall, even if that means "spinning" a set of SUV white letters into a whitewall. At the time, you could get Michelin 225/60R17 WW's that were OEM on Lincoln Towncars. Wish I'd bought some extra sets because I don't think you can get them anymore.

74RF.jpg

Feb202007143.jpg

100_0965.jpg

nice cars..not seen these two yet...

one thing l don't cheap out on is tires and brakes....l look at this stuff above and think..leased cars and rented tires...they must be so proud......

Back