Will this MC work?

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a dual Master Cylinder that came with the car when I bought it last year.

It was in a DHL box with a marker written on the side - "66 Dodge Power unit'

I don't have a part # handy and didn't take notice of any stampings on the casting.

The MC looks like new but my concern is that it has different sized hydraulic resevoiurs.

The bolt pattern is identical to the original single MC so it will bolt up.

Any suggestions?

20140220_073919.jpg

The different size resevoirs indicate that it's for a disc brake car I believe.

I agree.

I have never done a conversion like this in the past.

Is there a site/thread that would shed some light on this?

Looks like I should not be using this MC. I did some searching and need to use one from a 67' drums frt & rr.
Rock auto has them @ $30 to $40 so this is a no brainer thinking on this.

I am not sure, but the drums usually have a smaller reservoir, I don't see any problems with a having a bigger reservoir. I would still use it.

I am not sure, but the drums usually have a smaller reservoir, I don't see any problems with a having a bigger reservoir. I would still use it.

You are correct but in some cases, the orfices are smaller for the disc brake MC's which could be the case.
Still got to check into this further but for the trouble I think I am ordering a correct MC

The disc drum master pictured will not have residual press valve on the large/rear port. The valves trap approx. 2psi in line to keep pistons out against shoes for a nice high pedal I would just get right one for 67 from rock auto price is good.

The disc drum master pictured will not have residual press valve on the large/rear port. The valves trap approx. 2psi in line to keep pistons out against shoes for a nice high pedal I would just get right one for 67 from rock auto price is good.

Good point aboutthat. I had just discussed this with a friend from work who restores cars as a hobby and he cautioned me about the very same thing.

Back