Wilwood drum to disk brake conversion kit

1968fury3sedan

Reaction score
IMG-20210712-WA0009.jpg
IMG-20210712-WA0010.jpg

Looks good.. I did the same conversion in January and have been very happy with it.

Awesome! What master cylinder did u go with?
Previous owner had just put a dual pot master on it, drum/drum. I put a new stock brake booster on with the conversion and it works good. Eventually I will put a disc/drum master on.

I'm eyeballing their systems too... did you use the powerbrake version or manual? How easy where they to install?

Edit: nvm that question.... might have had one too many beers lol

I've been considering this as well for a while. Glad to hear it went well and you are happy with the product.

Did you go with the 4 or 6 piston kit?
I went with the 4 piston. I wanted to save the $300 bucks and figured the 4piston was already a huge improvement over the drum brakes. Also considering this is going to be a cruiser the 6pistons may be overkill. Just my opinion though

I went with the 4 piston. I wanted to save the $300 bucks and figured the 4piston was already a huge improvement over the drum brakes. Also considering this is going to be a cruiser the 6pistons may be overkill. Just my opinion though

Thanks. Let us know how they perform.

I'm not sure a .810 thick rotor is a great idea for cars that crowd 5000 lbs. The factory rotor is 1.25" thick for a reason.

Kevin

For a car that will likely never go over 50mph and will just be a cruiser. I think it will be sufficient and much better than the drums.

Back