Window gasket Fury

Reaction score
I started trying to get my windshield trim mounted on my 71 Fury. It looks to me like there should be a gasket underneath the trim between the stainless and the windshield. Maybe I'm wrong . I cant find any info on where to purchase a gasket if there is in fact supposed to be one... What about the rear window gasket or no gasket ? Thanks

AFAIK, no gasket between the stainless trim and the glass, front or rear. The glass itself uses urethane adhesive for retention. The molding clips are on the body section above the glass and on the A/C-pillars' sides.

There have been OEM moldings where a thinner piece of white plastic is an interface between the molding and the glass, to take up the space, but not usually on Chrysler products. With age, the plastic will age, crack, and "leave", by observation.

In some cases, the gaps between the moldings and glass could contribute to wind noise. To help decrease that, I got some black "strip caulk" (dum-dum) from the local paint supply store (3M) and put a bead under the leading edge of the molding, on the glass. Then used a popsicle stick as a tool to smooth it out. I did leave some small gaps for water/vapor drainage, should that be necessary. It helped.f

Of course, if the glass is removed, then all of that handywork will be destroyed and would need to be replaced.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back