WANTED Window Guide part - What is it? Where can I find it ? - 66 Sport Fury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evan Jansen

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Not sure if this just happened or someone leaned on the window, but I am now missing what appears to be a little guide piece (drivers side window, 66 Sport Fury Convertible). Looking at it it appears I will have to drop the window regulator out of the guide to fix it, But does any one know what it is called and where I can find them?
Window corner.jpg

This is what you’re missing.
714E24A7-45E6-4871-97D0-BA0A5CF637FD.jpeg
EE338E78-4093-4168-AFE1-A38341712C7E.jpeg

They are available and I can remember what they are called. I believe I got them from National Moparts but may have found them on eBay. It consist of 4 small plastic guides, two per hole. Then there is a plastic slider that fits into the groove. I struggled getting them installed as I think the guides are slightly too big.
Get the bottom plastic rivet as well because it will be brittle and break. Also consider changing the rollers at the same time.

You can get the guide and new run channel as a kit. I got mine from AMS obsolete. You will have to remove the vent window frame and glass to replace them. you might be able to leave the regulator in, (Not a hard job, but mark every location before you take it apart, this way you can put everthing back in its proper location.

The two piece bits shown above were originally black. For those of us who are replacing their whole assembly, re-use them if possible, as the white ones are tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back