Windshield Glas

crugone

Reaction score
Please let me know if there is any supplier selling windshieldglas for 1970 chrysler 300 2 door ?
many thanks
Martin

The local privately owned windshield/glass guy can still get glass for my 71. Try a few local shops in your area

The local privately owned windshield/glass guy can still get glass for my 71. Try a few local shops in your area

Dave, I don't think they have 1970 Chrysler glass at the local glass shop in Austria.

I got Windshield glass for my Chrysler fairly easy about a year and a half ago......same exact OEM glass with the all around factory tinting.....but then I'm state side and we are probably spoiled here.

I figured you were looking for new/NOS. But like you said nothing wrong with a used part in a pinch. I love that site. At the same time though, some of the yards on there are stupid $$, or the part they have advertised is long gone, and they forgot to take the ad down.

Last yard I contacted was for front fenders for my car. They wanted $900 for some banged up fenders! :silent: No thank you.

Thanks! That's a neat locator tool. A used windshield will work in a pinch if it's removed without braking. I was looking for NOS which I'll probably never find.

About ten years ago one of our C body friends located a place in North Jersey that sold Glass with all the original markings and dates. The bill was somewhere around $800.00 for the glass then shipped.....

I was looking for NOS which I'll probably never find.
They stopped making them two or three years ago. New ones are still out there but it's quickly approaching unobtanium. A very cooperative glass shop that's willing to go one step further than just a single quicky phone call can find one for you. Better hurry, though. $350. May be 4+ by now.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll have to find one before I get the bodywork done next year.

My windshield doesn't have any cracks. It looks like a sled slid down the windshield numerous times. I have a dozen or so 3/16' wide vertical lines mostly on the driver's side of the windshield. Those lines can't be polished out either.

Great, now I have to start hunting down windshields ....and stocking them too
I'm talking Formals specifically. I have no idea about yours.

BTW, doesn't everyone keep a spare windshield and a back window?
48.gif

windshield 001.jpg

Last edited:
Back