Windshield interchange

swisherred

Reaction score
I checked the search feature and found conflicting results. I'm going to the junkyard this weekend and want to get a set of windshields for my 67 newport fast top. They have a newport fasttop and fury fasttop and several 4 door newports and furys. I'm wanting to know what will definitely work for my car. I know the fast top rear is specific to that body style but what about the front windshields? Mine is tinted but hazing.

Four door will not work, nor will convertible, nor will Plymouth 2-door HT.
Chrysler 2dr HT (fastop) Dodge 2dr Ht(fastop) and Plymouth fastop/ VIP are the same.
You will need a new seal as it will be difficult to remove the old without damaging it ($200)

I would like an original one...I know they make new ones, but im convinced the glass composition is different today. Mine has 100K on it and the glass is clean and clear except for the hazing at the edges....Ive has cars that were 5yrs old with 30k and the windshield is already pitted like its been in a sandstorm...thanks for the link also....

Safelite couldn't one for me last month for the 2dr ht which is different than convert. 67 Parts snapshot
2dr ht ( Dodge, Chrys) Ply/Fastop 2664210 & 2664211 same for 67 & 68
upload_2019-1-15_17-17-13.png

Depending where you are at, the shipping adds about another $100 give or take.

In consideration that all of the used glass will be of the same approximate age as the one you have, reckon when they'll get hazy around the edges? Which is one reason a "fresh/new" one would make more sense. PLUS getting them to install it, with a fresh rubber seal, too.

Reason is that if they damage it, THEY replace it. If you do that, it's your pocket being emptier.

The main thing I'd be concerned with is the thickness of the new glass being what the earlier OEM glass is. Which relates to the seal being able to do its job as it should.

On the rear glass, first look for any signs of rust in the lower corner areas. On YOUR car and the donor vehicles. Don't need to cause any issues you aren't ready to deal with!

If you get new glass in the front and rear, will the side glasses look worse in comparison? Do a good, thorough cleaning of the inside surfaces with warmer water and a cleaner. Might need to put some towels down at the bottom of the glass, too! Then wipe with hot, damp towels as the final clean-up function. Use a newspaper and cleaner to clean the outside surfaces. The newsprint ink is supposed to polish the glass for a nicer finish.

Having spare "glass" is always a good deal to do . . . until they get broken/damaged just laying around. YUK!

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

IF you're worried about the date code, that's an easy deal, as I understand it. PM me.

Mainly I want spare glass. Except the windshield I want clear. I can store it safely. I can seal the edges to help prevent the hazing. I do have a leak in my lower right rear that I will be filling with sealant for the moment. I'm not removing my glass until I'm ready for a headliner and paint.

Back