windshield sunscreen

70Tom

Reaction score
Has anyone found a sunscreen to protect the dash/seats that actually fits our cars? Not sure why Covercraft can't make one, but they don't.

Step 1---California Car Covers California Car Cover Co. Official Website | Custom Fit Car Covers & Accessories for New & Classic Cars On Sale
Step 2---Go to Interiors-Dash Covers Best Dashboard Covers - Custom Fit Automotive Dashboard Covers - Dash Mats For Cars & Trucks
Step 3---Go to Dash Designs Custom Fit Velour Dashboard Cover Dash Designs - Custom Fit Velour Dashboard Covers for Sale | Best Red Velour Dash Cover For Cars, Trucks, & SUVs | California Car Cover Co.

Now, their system gets a little clumsy, so do this carefully, and ignore the pictures of the late-model dashboards. These are only to show you choices of velour, carpet, suede, etc...NOT the actual car you're looking for.
Step 4---Scroll down just a bit to Select Vehicle, put your info in including a color, and hit continue. If they have it, you'll get this:
Screenshot 2021-04-03 124548.png

I don't recall if they had a cover for my particular car in carpet or suede or whatever the other choices are in Step 2, but I was amazed they actually had it in Saddle Velour so I instantly bought it. Fit is amazing, including opening for vents. Radio speaker "sounds" right through it, no problem.
IMG_1773.JPG
IMG_1774.JPG

Good luck, and remember...follow the steps. Don't "look for" your cover by clicking around with your mouse, because you'll never find it otherwise.

Last edited:
Also, my '70 300 selection might fit other cars, at least close enough for sun protection. My fit is so good I can drive fast with the windows open and it doesn't fly around.

I got a rear shelf cover from somewhere, maybe California Covers (I'll see if I can find out more). It didn't fit quite as good because it wasn't for a '70 300 (an Imp, maybe?), but it's saddle colored and protects the shelf and the top of the rear seat, so it's good nuff for me when the car sits in the sun at a show.

[Edit] Ahh....it's from Covercraft. 5046-00-22 Dashmat Rear Deck Cover 70-73 Chrysler New Yorker 4DR. That's why it's not a perfect fit.
https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/rear-deck-cover.DMR

And it seems that Covercraft also has dash mats.....

Last edited:
Think popular - older - truck. Their windshields are wide & tall like ours. Ford and chebbie just got us beat w the aftermarket and if you can’t beat em repurpose their stuff!!!

Well I just spoke with Covercraft. For the low, low price of $34.95, I was able to order a KIT in which will allow me to measure my windshield properly. From here, I send the kit back to them, and then they charge me full price for a sunscreen.

While I can't say I was psyched to pay $34.95 just for a kit to measure my windshield, after composing myself and realizing I dropped over $5K to complete my interior, I figured it was worth it to get a correct size screen.

So anyone who has a 1970 Fury from here on out, they should have a template.

I don't recall if they had a cover for my particular car in carpet or suede or whatever the other choices are in Step 2, but I was amazed they actually had it in Saddle Velour so I instantly bought it. Fit is amazing, including opening for vents. Radio speaker "sounds" right through it, no problem.
Thank you for posting directions. I tried several ways, but unfortunately they do not have one for 19690-1970 Dodge Polara or Monaco models. 1966 to 1968, yes; 1971 to 1973, yes; but not the one I want to get for Regina until I find a replacement pad from a parts car or get her dash pad repaired:

Dodge Polara Dashboard Covers - Best Custom Fit Dash Covers & Interior Accessories for Dodge Polara | California Car Cover Co.

I have therefore ordered a DashMat from Covercraft.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/dashmat-custom-dash-cover.DMC

DashMat Custom Dash Cover
Price $48.00 USD
Part #: 0878-00-25
  • Color: Black
  • For Vehicle: 1970 Dodge Polara Base
  • Option: Convertible or coupe or sedan
  • Made-to-order estimated to ship in 20 business days
Total Price: $48.00
Ground Shipping: $16.41 USD
Tax: $ 3.00 USD

I found a promo code online, which cuts a whopping third from the $ 67.41 total:

Shipping: USPS Priority, Promo rate FREE
Tax: $ 2.70 USD
Shipping Discount: $ -13.90 USD
Promo Discount: $ -4.80 USD
Total Savings: $ -18.70 USD

Order Total: $ 45.90 USD

I shall report on speed of manufacture/delivery, material quality, and fit.

Last edited:
Back