windshield wiper motor rebuild

70Tom

Reaction score
I need to have the wiper motor rebuilt for my '70 Sport Fury. Does anyone have any recommendations on who does good, fairly reasonable work?

Thanks in advance.

I've noticed a couple places online that does them, but not sure about the quality of their work. Everyone seems to charge right around $220 for a rebuild.

Be careful on who does them. There was a service that claimed to be "restoring" the wiper motors. I can't remember their names, but they were advertising a lot on the different forums. I pushed one a little and got them to admit they were just doing a cosmetic restoration and not really fixing broken ones.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. Hence why I'm now asking. Hopefully someone knows of someone....

Dont know, I hope Im not spreading false rumor. I believe several years ago. . Or is is Dick Clark? Not sure?

Yes, Jules has been gone 2 or 3 years now. A real loss to the hobby.

Passion for Mopars was the one that was just doing cosmetic restoration. That was a quite a few years ago and from taking a look at her website, it looks like she is doing repairs too. At the time, I asked and was told "cosmetic only". To her credit, she was honest about it when I asked... But I did have to ask.

I'd still ask what her restoration includes.

I know, its not what you asked for, but consider doing it yourself. It's really not that difficult. Pretty rudimentary technology. If you don't go wild on the cosmetics, it's a quick job. You're just have to change the brushes and clean the surface they are sliding on, clean and re-grease the gears and maybe change some wires due to brittle insulation.

Passion for Mopars was the one that was just doing cosmetic restoration. That was a quite a few years ago and from taking a look at her website, it looks like she is doing repairs too. At the time, I asked and was told "cosmetic only". To her credit, she was honest about it when I asked... But I did have to ask.

I'd still ask what her restoration includes.

I agree give her a call.

Kim does the cosmeric resto part Her husband or friend (don't recall) does the mechanical rebuild.

They do have 2 levels of wipers.

Recommend anyone interested call her. She's very nice and more than happy to answer questions about all things mopar wiper motors. I've spoken to her twice ... I think each time was about an hour. The first I was calling to find out exactly what I needed to swap a B body from 2 speed to 3 speed wipers.

The second was something else.

there are no prices listed for C or other body style wiper motors so if still interested call and discuss if you want.

upload_2016-10-6_6-44-55.png

upload_2016-10-6_6-45-49.png

I've got a guy that does the 3 speeds concours style here in the Detroit area. He's not big on the computer and I understand he's got a wait list of several months but he's damn good. Pm me here for his info.

I know, its not what you asked for, but consider doing it yourself. It's really not that difficult. Pretty rudimentary technology. If you don't go wild on the cosmetics, it's a quick job. You're just have to change the brushes and clean the surface they are sliding on, clean and re-grease the gears and maybe change some wires due to brittle insulation.
I'd be interested in doing that. Is there any good how-to on this?

I've got a guy that does the 3 speeds concours style here in the Detroit area. He's not big on the computer and I understand he's got a wait list of several months but he's damn good. Pm me here for his info.
Thanks. I'll shoot you a PM later.

I do a full restoration now. Disassemble, soak, acid dip, blast, grind the cylinder to remove any pitting, spin to remove any grind marks, send for plating, reassemble. Lifetime warranty. Of course, right now I'm dealing with a hurricane, so I'm hit and miss right now I'm shutting everything down, computer wise and we will lose power for uncertain amount of time, but I'm in it :) Everyone take care and if you need anything, let me know

http://passion4mopars.com/Special-Request-Paladin-Coated-Mopar-C-Body-Wiper-Motor_b_43.html

http://passion4mopars.com/How-We-Prep-Our-Components-for-Plating_b_37.html

Back