Winter in California

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I have always loved hearing about people putting their cars in winter storage. Aside from some rain days weather is not an issue for me.

December 22 - Second day of winter
2016-12-22_012.jpg

Looks like we may have just had a little rain. I just put the push bar on that day. The litter was for the other Polara that I had just sold.

Christmas
2016-12-25_001.jpg

Some family hadn't seen the car yet. The car still needed the final polish, emblems and spotlights. (again recent rain)

February 4 - Middle of Winter
2017-02-04_012.jpg

Car is finally done (just a few days earlier)

March 20 - First day of Spring
2017-03-20_007.jpg

This was the first wet winter we have had in quite a few years.

Just before I got the CHP car we had a mid winter storm that left snow in our local mountains so I set out in the Barracuda to see how close I could get for some pictures.
2010-01-23_05.jpg

This road was paved at this point but the further I went the worse it got, I think it was a river crossing that finally stopped me, my understanding is there were a few more and then dirt road. Not in a car fresh out of restoration.

For me winter just makes for a more interesting backdrop for pictures.

Alan

Alan, seems like the weather down there hasn't been as bad as ours up here. I'm at the foothills of Yosemite and it feels like it hasn't stopped raining since October. It's ok tho because I'm redoing the interior of my 65 NYr in my carport.

Nice shots of the car tho. Nothing like going for a drive on a winding mountain rd. :thumbsup:

Wow , very nice area !!!
Drove 4 times trough Yosemite......love it.
So you are from Jackson /Mariposa/Sonora/......../.......

So this place seems familiar to you i guess......

Afbeelding 020.jpg

Afbeelding 019.jpg

Afbeelding 018.jpg

Afbeelding 016.jpg

Pics are 10 years old , maybe the cars are gone.......

Cars are still there. The old lady used to come out with a shotgun if you came on the property to ask about the cars but she's dead now.

Yes, the winters in California are quite mild compared to many other places, but that's not to say there are not places of some harshness. Here in Chico we only get rain, and this year we've received more than has even been recorded. "Thank you God for ending the drought here, but please, turn off the spigot!"

Yes, the winters in California are quite mild compared to many other places, but that's not to say there are not places of some harshness. Here in Chico we only get rain, and this year we've received more than has even been recorded. "Thank you God for ending the drought here, but please, turn off the spigot!"
Amen to that!

Cars are still there. The old lady used to come out with a shotgun if you came on the property to ask about the cars but she's dead now.

Haha , yeah , i think she was an alcoholic , empty beercans everywere ........
almost no teeth in here mouth.....
But she was ( nice ) ....we could make pictures from the cars and she want selling the 67 chevelle 4spd to me........haha.

I still don't really know what the story is behind that place. Heard too many over the years

All Carsten needs to know is whether is has the right color and a 440 in it. As long as it is a Mopar, then it will serve his needs year round!:)
And that changeover I will never forget - one model year to the next. Who would have ever thought it would be that involved! No wonder Ma didn't make much money.

I have an old 69 300 rustbucket from Ohio for the winter which is used to park outside from end November till march.
The winter was very mild (as always in the last years).
The Polara was parking infront of my apartment on a private parking lot.
Temperatures went below 32F end of december and the town started to use salt on the Road.
So I couldn't drive it away as I would never drive though salt.
So it had to sit on the parking lot till the weather got good enough to drive it away after the salt was washed off from the streets.

@steve: the good old Polara is running reliable and has been driven to 14 car shows since September 2015 with more than 2k miles added to the odometer since it is at my place. How many miles did you drive your Fuselage C-bodies in the last 18 months?:)

Carsten

I have an old 69 300 rustbucket from Ohio for the winter which is used to park outside from end November till march.
The winter was very mild (as always in the last years).
The Polara was parking infront of my apartment on a private parking lot.
Temperatures went below 32F end of december and the town started to use salt on the Road.
So I couldn't drive it away as I would never drive though salt.
So it had to sit on the parking lot till the weather got good enough to drive it away after the salt was washed off from the streets.

@steve: the good old Polara is running reliable and has been driven to 14 car shows since September 2015 with more than 2k miles added to the odometer since it is at my place. How many miles did you drive your Fuselage C-bodies in the last 18 months?:)

Carsten
Well, I had my Cuda out a few weeks ago, and I also had my 73 Monaco wagon out to drive as I get ready to sell it. But total miles, well......... not much!

Back